Blog > Where should you write the Postcard ID?
For a postcard you sent to be registered, the receiver must be able to read the Postcard ID – therefore, its placement is crucial!
If you put it in an area where it might be read by the postal services machines, it could be confused for a post code, which would delay its delivery. And if you write it too close to the stamp area, it might be stamped over, causing the receiver some problems deciphering it!
So here are some handy dos and don’ts to consider when writing the Postcard ID:DO:
- do write it on the left side of the postcard (direction of text is unimportant)
- do write it more than once on the postcard – in case part of the card gets damaged
- do double check that you wrote it correctly
- do not write it under, above or to the right of the address, because it might be read by a mail sorting machine and confused for the postal code
- do not write it next to the postage area
Hope that helps!
PS – Can’t figure out the Postcard ID on one of the postcard you’ve received? Fill out the Unknown ID form and we’ll help you out!