elwingelfje(or Maaike) is a member in Netherlands . She has been a member for over 8 years (3,107 days).
I'm 30 years old and I work with elderly people in a hospital.
Preferences (short version)
Animals (esp. owls), Unesco WHS, photography (like black&white), pictures with the elderly, patterns, books, art, nature, mail, all unusual and strange postcards. If it is possible for you, I'd rather not receive multiview cards (except UNESCO WHS cards) because they are usually not my favorite. But if it's all you have, go ahead and I won't mind :)
Preferences (long version)
* UNESCO WHS, http://www.flickr.com/photos/elwingelfje/collections/72157632577898633/ If you send me a postcard with a Unesco World Heritage Site I don't have a postcard of yet I will send you a postcard back.
* photography, art or black and white. I love portrait pictures, especially of older people (and especially when they're doing something active). It has to do with my field of work. http://www.flickr.com/photos/elwingelfje/sets/72157624611630602/
* cards with patterns or pictures with repetitions (collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elwingelfje/sets/72157624407859832/ )
* cards with owls. My large collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elwingelfje/sets/72157624283228287/
* cards with animals, I really like cats, butterflies
* cards related to reading, mail, books or writing http://www.flickr.com/photos/elwingelfje/sets/72157624283299961/)
* mail art or handmade
* cards that are odd, unusual, quirky, tacky, strange (collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elwingelfje/sets/72157624283232785/)
* I have a few small dedicated collections: triceratopses, flying dandelion seeds, people drinking from a tap or water fountain, underwater pictures. Contributions to any of these are highly appreciated and will make me really happy.
Multiview and touristy cards are usually not my favorite but I do understand this is what most postcrossers have in stock. (So if this is true for you by all means just send me one.)
I'm not going to tell you what you have to write on your postcard to me. Figure that one out for yourself! :)
I recently took up a new hobby: sewing! I'm more or less obsessed with it right now. So if you're a sewist too, and want to share tips, experiences or even a homemade sewn postcard, I would be delighted! I've mainly made simple pieces of clothing, quilts and presents (like little bags) so far.
Every card is a present to me. Happy Postcrossing!
Expired cards: not that many, considering :)