Augenstern(or Claudia) is a member in Austria . She has been a member for over 10 years (3,715 days).
Servus and hello everyone!
I live in a small village in Styria in the Alps, and I like nature and being outdoors, cooking and baking. I'm interested in languages, art, history and royal families. I used to read a lot, but right now I don't seem to find the time for it, the same goes for music and movies. I like to take day trips to places in my area. Apart from that, I can rarely go on holiday due to my living conditions.
I studied translation (French/Spanish) at university. My husband and I got married in April 2017 and we have taken over his parents' farm a few months ago. Right now we're in a transition time, as we need to make some changes and renovation works in the coming years. So now I work in agriculture and forestry. Life sometimes provides us with interesting turns, doesn't it :)?!
Every nice card will be welcome! I like the message on the card as much as the picture side and I'm looking forward to reading whatever you would like to share.
In case you don't know what postcard to send, here are some ideas:
- city views, old and/or famous buildings
- beautiful landscapes, nature
Especially if you are from a "rare" country, I'd be really happy if you could show me a place from there - as I can't travel, I depend on Postcrossing to see the world :)!
- UNESCO (world heritage sites and intangible cultural heritage)
- my husband and I went to Ireland for our honeymoon, so any card showing a place in Ireland or something typically Irish will be greatly appreciated
- cards related to Easter, Christmas, New Year or any other holiday you celebrate in your country
- cards related to the current season
- all kinds of maps or flags/coats of arms
- past or current royal families, famous persons
- cards related to local food, drinks/beverages, recipes
- lynx, birds or other native animals from your country
- traditional or endangered breeds of farm animals
- anything that has to do with your country or culture (native people, traditional clothes/things,...)
- medieval or 19th century paintings, Impressionism, Art Nouveau
- vintage/old-style illustrations
- Inge Löök, Beatrix Potter, Alexey Dolotov
- Lali, Where's Waldo? and similar
- Atelier Nouvelles Images (multiples)
- cards related to Jane Austen, her books or the TV/movie adaptations
If your native language is French, Spanish or Italian, it would be very nice if you could write in these languages.
Thank you and have fun with Postcrossing!
PS: I know, I have already sent and received a lot of cards, but please don't worry about that, I certainly don't expect anyone to look through all my received cards, and I don't mind receiving duplicates - the picture side might be the same, but the text side will be different.
Just one request: Please don't give my address to a third party without my permission - thank you for your understanding.