Hello! Postcards have always been my 'thing' - I always buy one at the places I visit or request one when a friend goes travelling. Unfortunately neither I nor my friends travel a lot. My biggest dream is to travel as much as I can afford. Postcrossing for me is a way to see the world on postcards :)
I live with my SO and our two cats, if you have pets I'd love to hear about them.
Other fav gallery (the ones I already received through tags for example, and to avoid doubles from postcrossers, I deleted them from the gallery in here): https://picasaweb.google.com/106592998373619014996/FavsIAlreadyReceived?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCN-xhbe77tfgWw&feat=directlink
As for my favourite type of postcards? I love the ones with:
- anything in common with LotR, Harry Potter, Narnia, or any fantasy books interesting to you
- books in general
- related to travel - so maps, globes, compasses, stuff like that
- scenery (waterfalls, mountains, lakes, so on)
- historic buildings
- art nouveau (Mucha, Berthon) - especially with a green/yellow or purple tint
- Gotochi cards, they're so fun to look at
- pandas! My favourite animal, no doubt. Also cats
- if from Russia, nalichniki. so pretty :D
But I assure you any postcard will be embraced, I'm just saying which ones come to mind when mentioning favourites :)
If you have no idea what to write - maybe something in your language? A few words that tie in with the image on the card. Feel free to tell me about your day, your dream for the future, favourite song or animal, favourite anything, pet peeves (those can be weirdly amusing :D).
I'm only suggesting something in case you find yourself without any ideas.
If your mother tongue is French, feel free to write in it, it'll be a nice exercise for me :D