Hello! I'm SO very excited to have found this site :) Postcards are somewhat my 'thing' - I always buy one at the places I visit or request one when a friend goes travelling. Unfortunately neither I nor my friends travel a lot. My biggest dream is to travel as much as I can afford. Postcrossing for me is a way to see the world on postcards :)
In the avatar, that's me, bungee jumping for the very first time. Whee! :D
Other fav gallery (the ones I already received through tags for example, and to avoid doubles from postcrossers, I deleted them from the gallery in here): https://picasaweb.google.com/106592998373619014996/FavsIAlreadyReceived?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCN-xhbe77tfgWw&feat=directlink
As for my favourite type of postcards? I love the ones with:
- anything in common with LotR, Harry Potter, Narnia, or any fantasy books interesting to you
- books in general
- related to travel - so maps, globes, compasses, stuff like that
- scenery (waterfalls, mountains, lakes, so on)
- historic buildings
especially with a little white/grey frame around :D (If it's a UNESCO object, all the better!)
- art nouveau (Mucha, Berthon) - especially with a green/yellow or purple tint
- Gotochi cards, they're so fun to look at
- pandas! My favourite animal, no doubt.
- if from Russia, nalichniki. so pretty :D
But I assure you any postcard will be embraced, I'm just saying which ones come to mind when mentioning favourites :)
If you have no idea what to write - maybe something in your language? A few words that tie in with the image on the card. Feel free to tell me about your day, your dream for the future, favourite song or animal, favourite anything, pet peeves (those can be weirdly amusing :D).
I'm only suggesting something in case you find yourself without any ideas.
If your mother tongue is French, feel free to write in it, it'll be a nice exercise for me :D