Hi! My name's Cat. (yi-ming is my Chinese name)
I'm a freelance graphic designer and illustrator. I'm also a kid at heart. I don't think I'll ever grow up. That's a good thing right? ;D
Married to a wonderful husband and mom to an active toddler who keeps me on my toes.
We also have a miniature American Eski dog named Laichi.
I love to travel! I've been to Japan, China, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Mexico, Greece, Italy, Turkey and some states in the U.S. as well as some provinces in Canada. I have a huge interest in learning about different cultures.
Someday I'd like to visit Germany and France!
In regards to ideas for Postcards here's a list of my diverse interests for inspiration.
• art and architecture
• graphic design/typography
• vintage advertising
• 1950's, pin-up ladies (that is me in my avatar. I recently did a pin up photoshoot for fun)
• gardening (though have yet to grow a veggie or fruit garden)
• painting with Acrylics
• collecting vinyl figures (i.e. toki doki, junko mizuno, ugly dolls, giant robot etc.)
• fine dining and trying new foods
• street art
• alternative fashion (fruits, j-fashion, cyberpunk, pin up,)
• make up
• camping and the outdoors
• going to the theatre to see plays and Musicals - phantom of the opera is my favourite!
• Studio Ghibli - Hayao Miyazaki movies
• polar bears and panda bears are my favourite animals
• pop culture - a child of the 80's and teens of the 90's! I loved watching saturday morning cartoons and still love the characters.
As for what to write on the postcard?
Tell me an interesting fact about yourself or your country! or your favourite quote!
or draw me something as I LOVE art!
I look forward to hearing from you! :)