My name is Victoria, I live in Ternopil (Western Ukraine). Almost 6 years ago I heard about Postcrossing, though actually my family was involved in it before without knowing it: when my sons went somewhere I asked them to send me cards from those new places, but now I feel a member of a bigger family:) One more advantage of present Postcrossing: I receive postcards from the places I can't even dream to visit.
So, Postcrossing is a very interesting hobby for me and I like to send and receive postcards from all over the world, share my own culture with other postcrossers and learn about unknown cultures.
As for the postcards, I can not demand something special, but if you hesitate what to send, I enjoy the following types of postcards (my preference is for single-view cards, please):
* UNESCO World Heritage Sites
* flag and map of your country
* Universities, libraries, books
* PENGUINS (I have a collection of toy penguins)
* babies and children
* people in national traditional clothes
* Keep Calm
* festivals and carnivals
* nature of your country (national parks, mountains, lakes, amazing beaches, sea shores, oceans, rainbow, sunrise)
And please, write me your favourite saying /sayings or a quote. Perhaps there are some special proverbs in your country. Postcards with my address and just 2 words "Happy Postcrossing" don't make me happy.
PLEASE SCAN YOUR CARD :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR CARDS! BE BLESSED AND HAPPY!