susandg(or Susan) is a member in Philippines . She has been a member for over 5 years (1,963 days).
Hello, I'm Susan! I'm a writer, editor and curator. I run a creative consultancy firm called Project Art which I started with a good friend in 2013. Even before that, we were already curating exhibits on and off for many years. The very first exhibit we did remains my favorite -- featuring love letters of Filipino writers!
I'm glad there is a site like Postcrossing for postcard lovers like us.
PLEASE PUT THE DATE ON THE POSTCARD you're sending to me. And my special requests -- NO ENVELOPES and NO METERED/MACHINE-PRINTED STAMPS! Because I love postmarks and actual stamps on the postcards I receive. I don't mind if the postcard gets a bit dirty or torn from travelling.
ALSO, PLEASE CHECK MY POSTCARD WALL, just to make sure that you're not sending the same postcard. :-)
I like the following themes:
- art (paintings, sculptures, artists, artists' homes, museums, galleries, exhibits, artist's implements like art palette, easel and paintbrushes)
- reading and writing (books, bookshelves, libraries, writers, writers' homes, writer's implements like pen and ink, quill or typewriter, quotations on reading and writing, newspapers, magazines, letters, mailboxes, anything related to the post office)
- ballet (I have a ballerina collection which includes all sorts of ballet collectibles)
- nature (flowers, gardens, landscapes, trees)
- food (I love to eat... so I would love to see what kind of dishes are prepared in your country)
- cartoons (my favorites are Tintin, Asterix and Wally!) Because of Postcrossing, I've also learned to appreciate the works of Inge Look, especially her grannies -- which I would love to receive, too.
I also like postcards with a twist (like a different shape, size, design or material).
Please tell me something about yourself -- your school or your work, your hobbies and travels, the current weather in your country, your favorites (books, movies, music) or anything you wish to share with me. I enjoy reading the messages on every postcard I get.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Happy Postcrossing! :-)