My name is Rosie - I work in the arts as a Producer and Fundraiser. I live with my husband, Donnie, our 13-year-old rescue dog Malik (Yorkie-Chihuahua cross), and a 4-year-old rescued European Starling named Joachin.
We live on Prince Edward Island, Canada's smallest province, and the setting of the "Anne of Green Gables" book series. It's a gorgeous little piece of the world! You can watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/q0mVtgGZ4VQ
One of my favourite things in the world is getting snail mail! I have learned so much about people around the world through Postcrossing!
Eventually I think an eclectic collection of postcards and stories from around the world might make a fantastic stage musical!
I am happy to receive all kinds of postcards from all over the world, but I particularly like:
- THEATRE and musical theatre related (theatre of any kind, musicals, Shakespeare, opera, dance, drama, ballet, musical movies, theatre buildings, performing arts centres, amphitheatres, stages, etc.)
- GOATS! I volunteer at a goat farm and I have fallen in LOVE with these incredible animals!
- DEATH-related: catacombs, cemeteries, graveyards, tombs, memorials, funerals, anything death-related or to do with grief customs/rituals, ghost stories, haunted places, etc.
- RECIPE cards - or food postcards with one of your favourite recipes written on the back
- ALICE in Wonderland / Mad Hatter / Cheshire Cat / Caterpillar with hookah
- JETOY (!!!)
- Halloween or Christmas any time of year
- Starlings or other black birds
- GLITTER or sparkly cards!
You can also check out my wall of "Favourites" - I would love to receive any of those too. :) Thanks - hope to hear from you soon!
Please feel free to write in either English or French!
"To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart." (Phyllis Theroux)