rodeime(or Roderick) is a member in Australia . He has been a member for over 10 years (3,907 days).
I live in Sydney, the largest city in Australia and the site of the first permanent European settlement (1788).
I am a professional writer and photographer.
** DO's **
I like transport themed postcards (ships, planes, trains etc), UNESCO WH sites, cultural stuff and unusual destinations.
Generally I prefer not to get animal cards unless they are part of the transport theme or destination. Definitely not interested in cartoon, comic or crude cards. Freecards/rackcards only if fit the transport theme.
Of particular personal interest;
* Aviation, including civilian, military and historical
* Transport, including trains, ships, road and even stuff like camels and horse-drawn
* Motoring and automotive culture, including auto racing and racetracks
* Historic and significant hotels
* Weird and exotic locations seldom visited (view cards)
I prefer "conventional" trading, namely stamped and postmarked regular sized cards from the location depicted on the card, and I definitely prefer quality over quantity. I'm happy to accept blank cards on transport themes, especially if the cards are historic or antique.
** DON'Ts **
Postcard folks can be a bit odd, and I'm one. Here's my postcard faux pas list:
* Machine labels instead of stamps. Non-ordinary stamps are best
* Postcards not mailed from their point of origin eg Rome card mailed from London.
* Oversize cards. Just don't know what to do with them. Regular size please.
* Advertising cards with boring themes and no artistic merit.
* Dumb cartoon, cutesy animals or crude cards.
If I haven't put you off, you are welcome to make a private swap anytime.
My postcard site: http://rodeime.blogspot.com
My Postcard Profile at FB: http://www.facebook.com/rodeime.postcrosser
Other sites of mine:
Expedition Cruise Blog http://expeditioncruising.com
Photo Gallery http://www.flickr.com/photos/rodeime/sets/72157626806245732/
Adventure Cruise Guide http://adventurecruiseguide.com