HALLO, WELCOME dear writer of my postcard/ dear visitor of my profile!
Let me introduce you the town where I am living: TRIER.
It is Germany`s oldest town, very beautiful and visited by many tourists every year.
In Trier, there are several Roman buildings. The most famous is the "PORTA NIGRA" (porta = gate, nigra = black) a Roman city gate (170 A.D.) Look at it on the internet!
Now you know where I got my user-name from.
Very often when a new house is built in Trier and the ground is removed, something Roman is found (pieces of broken vessels, figurines, coins, even skeletons) which makes the archaeologists happy.
Sometimes one meets a "real Roman" walking down the street, wearing tunic, toga and flat sandals. - But a closer look reveals: "Majusebetter!" ( = a local exclamation of astonishment) It`s only one of the city-guides!!!
Grapes love growing here in the southwest, therefore wineyards are typical for the region. The river near by is called "Mosel" and maybe you heard of, or even tasted: "Moselwine"!
For many years I used to look after my neighbor´s dog named "Quickchen" (a mixture of westie and wild boar!!!). She was especially fond of searching for (and finding...) her hidden goodies. Her owner, an elderly lady, was not able to climb stairs anymore. So the neighbors took Quickchen for a walk. - But now both Quickchen and the eldery lady died within one year. Well, that ' s life.
Every morning I rush to my postbox, eager to find the surprises inside!
Your cards really make my day!!!
If you need some inspiration which card to choose - I like:
- black-and-white-photography (esp. people)
- SNOOPY (Peanuts) - I love this cute little fellow!!!
- wonderful creatures (mermaids, trolls, witches, firebird)
- myths and legends of your region,
- art (paintings, drawings and sculptures),
- African ethnic art,
- dance: ballet (en pointe), burlesque,
- movie: James Dean,
- all kinds of lovely looking animals, (also drawn or painted),
- the sea and its inhabitants (sea horses, starfish, seashells, octopus, jetsam, message in a bottle)
- mushrooms, pumpkins, Halloween
- funny, unusual. amusing cards,
- the two wonderful ladies, Alli and Fifi, from INGE LÖÖK
(Meanwhile I have many of their cards. Those are the cards that are still missing: 2-7-28-35-37-45-46-59-71
- lali cards (cards with riddle pictures)
- a detail of the place you are living
- colorful cards
- creative, handmade cards are welcome!
Dear people from the USA:
I love the LouPaper cards of the US states. Up to now I have just these cards: Alaska, Arizona, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas
Furthermore I´m interested in what is typical to your country or
the place you are living.
I´m looking forward to your postcard!
Have a nice day,