I’ve rediscovered a love for snail mail. Email is well and good. It’s fast, efficient — everything you want to facilitate communication. But I use that for work. And I tire of it. I see snail mail as something infinitely more beautiful than email can ever be.
A rundown of things I like in postcards:
- Postcards that have nice stories behind them. These can be stories you write yourself (can be connected to the photo on the postcard or not) or background stories of the postcards themselves.
- Would really love Pride stuff! It's a personal goal of mine to attend as many Pride parades all over the world.:-)
- I like learning about different cultures. So postcards depicting your culture, history, legends/myths/superstitions/literature would be greatly appreciated.
- Postcards with photos/paintings/drawings of old architecture
- Vintage postcards are fantastic.
- Original art/photos or DIY/crafty postcards would be so, so, so lovely.
- I like postcards that show unusual/funny/conversation starter scenes.
- Love postcards that show fantastic design (art, ads, smart ad campaigns, etc etc)
- I generally am a fan of color. :-)
- Not a big fan of postcards with scenery unless its a particularly special scene for you or the area you live in, it's a painting/art, or it's an exceptional view.
That said though, I will appreciate anything you send.:) Please do write something in your postcard though. Anything you want! Something about the card itself, about you, or even things as random as what you had for breakfast the day you send the card! Would love that.:-) Can't wait!