martha66(or Martha) is a member in Netherlands . She has been a member for over 5 years (2,084 days).
Hello fellow postcrossers,
My name is Martha, 71 years young and happily retired.
I like to travel, go to exhibitions, museums, all cultural and/or historic. And I love orchids in whatever shape, colour and/or size.
I have a slight preference (in no particular order) in cards for:
* christmas cards in november/december
* birthdaycards in april
* Damavik cards from Belarus
* Greetings from..... Postallove: already have USA, Poland, China, Taiwan, Belgium, Brighton-England, Chech Republic, Ukraine, Netherlands, Japan, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Luxembourg, France, Lithuania, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Peru, Denmark, Austria, Canada, Portugal, Russia, Brazil, India, United Kingdom, Hungary.
I also love the alternative greetings from cards, I already have a lot of them and like them all.
* everything around tea
*april 2016: love to start a collection of foreign alphabets, so it you have them, please send them to me. I received already Belarus, part of Bulgarian, part of Japanese, Russian, Serbian, Frakturschrift, ex-libris Greyfriars monastery-Stockholm, Irish , Kurrentschrift, Latgola (eastern Latvia), early cyrillic from 9th century Bulgaria, Finnish, Ukraine, alternative alphabet for little and big people, unser deutsches alphabet, medieval script, architectural alphabet, alphabet for deaf people, Latvian ornaments and some single marks.
* Egyptian and Celtic history
* international fairytales
* books (old and new)
* cats, especially blue cats by Irina Zenyuk and her calendar cards
Please no religious cards, folded nor ad cards.
But all other cards are welcome.
I like reading fantasy and novels, preferably in English, going to the theater and concerts and watching tv (am a fan of all CSI's, Criminal Minds and Person of Interest) and love watching BBC programmes like Strictly come dancing, Escape to the country/continent and Bargain Hunt (about antiques) in all its forms.
I like participating - singing - in classical choir concerts on a project base. I am also a big fan of the Irish folkgroup the Dubliners for more than 40 years.
Look forward to all your cards and stories and wish you all happy postcrossing.
Expired postcards??? Yes, ofcourse lots and lots, like anyone else, but I stopped wondering about what happened with them, but I still live in hope one day they will come to life and luckily, now and then they do.