Hello, my dear friends!
My name is Mariya and my son's name is Damir. We live in a small Ural town, Kushva, in Sverdlovskaya oblast' (oblast' means a region in Russia). The ancient ridge of the Urals Mountains stretching for two thousand kilometres presents a natural boundary between Europe and Asia. Our mountains are also called the Stone Belt. Kushva is an old industrial town situated in the north of the Urals. It was founded in 1735. There was a very interesting legend that many years ago the settler Stepan Chumpin found the iron ore deposit in the place our town stands now.
I'm interested in learning English and my son's passion is World War II. We are also keen on reading. In summer when we are on holiday we really enjoy to work in the garden, tidy our house, meet up with our friends, do the shopping in Yekaterinburg (this city is the capital of our region), enjoy coach tours around our oblast, visit relatives in different cities of our country, take photographs while travelling.
We would be very happy to find in our letterbox postcards related to:
- the World War II;
- English-speaking countries: the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India;
- the British Royal family;
- Christmas and New Year;
- books and writers;
- Winnie - the - Pooh; Harry Potter;
- postcards painted by artists (especially postcards painted by L.Gnedkova and V.Zarubin: I used to collect Soviet postcards when I was a little girl, so it would be great to receive them if you have got any! );
- EU Maps, Flags of the World, Greetings from ..., World Travel series.
But certainly any postcard is welcome!
I send a postcard the next day I get an address and register received cards the day I find them in my letterbox. Postcards and letters are usually delivered on Thursdays or Saturdays once a week or a fortnight)