I'm a high school teacher of English and Italian from Finland’s second largest city Espoo. My friends call me Mother Christmas, because I was born in Lapland.
I love travelling (especially Italy), music, literature (classics mainly), arts (Renaissance masterpieces) and sports. I’ve been interested in foreign languages all my life.
I also collect proverbs from different countries and I'd be very happy to hear what's your motto in life. Mine is: when you forget what you can't change, you'll be happy!
It would also be very interesting to hear one good reason why I should come and visit your country.
One more request: please tell me what is your favourite word in your native language?
All cards are welcome, but if you really want to put a smile on my face, here’s a list of cards that I love most
- CHRISTMAS CARDS are welcome all year round (each year I hang all the Postcrossing Xmas cards on my kitchen wall, please send me more!)
- local traditions, costumes
- royal families
- literature, books, poems
- reading people
- all religions and religious sites
- proverbs or quotes in your own language
- summer landscapes
- wine and coffee
- famous people
- Easter cards all year round
- birthday cards in May