Hello or "labas"!
I'm called Jolanta, which in greek means "violet" - a flower. I live in Lithuania, in it's capital Vilnius. Most people I met abroad even don't know this country exists.. unless, of course, they live nearby ;) Anyway it is a very cute little country in Europe, near the Baltic Sea. Best known for it's basketball players, golden amber, beautiful ladies and strange native food - have you ever tried cold pink salty soup with vegetables :)?
Love travelling, photographing. Movies are my passion and books are my obsession. Animals and nature always fill my heart with joy and calmness. And my newest source of joy - Postcrossing :)
AS FOR THE POSTCARDS, HERE ARE SOME HINTS:
* Illustrations by artists:
M. C. Escher
* Any postcard from favorites or similar
* Crazy, unusual, unique postcards
* A piece, detail or symbol of a place you live in
* Nature, city views and landscapes of your country
* Traditional patterns, ornaments
* Black & white graphics (pencil, ink...)
* Night/evening scenes of city or nature; Pictures with Moon, stars (drawn)
* Postcards with books (drawn)
* Forest - dark, mystical (drawn)
* Trees without leafs (drawn)
* Sovietic memories: russian children animation, photos of architecture, interior, life scenes, food, etc.
* Ringtail lemurs from Madagascar, meerkats (suricate), rats, chameleons, frogs, caterpillars
* Cats (drawn)
* Book covers
* Aged, cracked, rusty buildings, things and textures
* Street-art and graffiti
* Nautical, related to Sea
* Couples kissing, romance
* Kitchen interior
* Optical illusions
* Where's Waldo (Wally)?
* Cute (not scary) Monsters
* Jokes, fun stuff
* Inspiring Quotes
* Old windows, doors
* Clouds, especially strange ones
* Shadows, Silhouettes
...the list can be continued, just use your imagination and intuition. What comes from the heart, is always welcome!
To avoid duplicates, take a look at what I already have:
* Standard multiview postcards for tourists
* Anything related to Simpsons, South Park or Spongebob
* Postcards with flowers
No limits :) You can tell me what's on your heart that day, your daily routine, a funny situation you got in, a story from your childhood, about good book you just read last night, share your dreams or how you imagine your life in future, how did you met your loved one, quotes in your language (with translation) etc... I love to read!
Please write down the date on postcard you send. If postcard is kind of soft, fragile or it will travel a long distance, you may put it in an envelope, but it's up to you ;)