I am from British Columbia, Canada, currently living in Vancouver. I have a wide variety of interests, but love to knit, read, cycle, take photographs, cook, travel and be in the woods or at the seashore (Vancouver is a great place to find both of these things :). I appreciate history and learning about different cultures.
I'd love to hear about someone or something you love or enjoy. I’d like to hear what’s special about your town or area. I bike to work every day and would love to hear about your mode of transport. I'd love to know what book you're reading or a movie you recommend. If you’ve been to Vancouver or British Columbia I’d love to hear about your trip. If you speak a language other than English, some words in your language would be interesting, especially a local saying - and translation too if you could.
I'm not picky and will appreciate whatever postcard you send, but particularly I'd like:
- vintage photographs
- vintage ads and propaganda (especially WWII)
- illustrations, especially from children’s books
- Pettson and Findus
- woodcut and linocut prints
- sheep, alpacas, rats, octopuses
- cats (I have two lovely Manx cats so those in particular)
- Queen Elizabeth (especially stamps)
- postcards from the Women in Science set by Rachel Ignotofsky
- gnomes and toadstools
- trees and forestry, especially a special tree from your area
- trains and train stations, bicycling and bikes
- Volkswagen van/bus, old beetle.
- something interesting about your region
- X Files -especially Mulder &/or Scully
- Studio Ghibli, especially characters from Totoro, Nausicäa, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoki and Howl's Moving Castle
- Norman Rockwell and Alphonse Mucha
Thanks so much!
*All postcards I receive are my favourites, really. Postcards I add to favourites here are ones I admire that others have received, just to give an idea of what I like.