All we need is love... and Postcrossing?!
Kon'nichiwa (Hello) from Chiba, Japan. My name is Hanako. "Hana" is Japanese for flower or flowery. I've liked drawing since I was a child. The picture in my avatar is my own work.
I'm interested in philately and enjoy collecting special postmarks. Also, I like spending my time in museums and knowing about art, history or cultures.
The place I live now was called Soma County, Shimosa in the old days. Do you know Utagawa Kuniyoshi's masterpiece "Takiyasha the Witch and the Skeleton Spectre" which illustrates the haunted palace at Soma? You can see the image on the V&A Museum website:
Although I haven't seen any spectres like that yet in my life.
Can't decide which postcard to send me?
If you need some hints, here they are.
- maxicards (postcards + stamps + first-day postmarks)
- royal family, politicians, famous historical people
- illustrated maps
- typical foods/dishes in your country
- traditional costumes
- folk crafts, folk toys
- holiday/seasonal folklore or tradition
- exhibits in museums, such as medieval swords or ancient artifacts
- paintings by famous painters from your country
- postal workers, stamps, postboxes
- self-made cards made of nice food packages
I prefer stamped and postmarked postcards without envelopes.
I look forward to receiving a postcard from you :-)
Take care and have a nice day!
It was a great honor to host the Little Mail Carriers in Tokyo.