My name is Ivita. This name is uncommon in Russia, because I was born in Latvia, and my parents named me after the midwife.
I spent my childhood in Kostroma, a small old town in central Russia that will always live in my heart. Then I moved to Moscow where I graduated Moscow State University. Also I met my future husband in a university's choir. My husband is a mathematician, and besides a science activity, he teaches students at MSU and works in a small educational magazine for schoolers.
Now we are living in 20 km from Moscow, in a suburban town Pushkino. In 2017 I became a mum. In 2020 a new member appeared in our family - a cat Persik.
Many years cross stitching was my lovely hobby, but in 2018 I became a cross stitch designer and started to create my own cross stitch patterns. And this is a work that I really love. You may find my works in Instagram @bluebird_needleworks.
I travel no so much but I like travelling. I was in England, Italy and Croatia. Also I visited many interesting places in Russia - old towns and nature sights. With my husband I was in three mountain hikes - in the Caucasus (2012), the Crimea (2013) and the South Urals (2021). I hope that we'll also climb other mountains. And I have a dream to visit Norway and the USA one day. And in Russia I would like to go to Kamchatka and White sea.
I like reading books, visiting theater, listening to my husband a cappella ensemble, walking to parks, drinking tea, riding bicycle. And, of course, I like postcards.
All cards are welcome! Here are some themes that I like most of all:
- embroidery and stitching (not knitting or sewing)
- cats at/near windows (!)
- squirrels, foxes, polar bears
- beautiful mountains of your country
- autumn nature and autumn mood
- old Scandinavian or American wooden houses and their interior
- somebody drinking tea
- black-and-white postcards with ordinary people in common situation
- illustrations from "Foxwood Tales", "Pettson and Findus", Susan Wheeler.
Please check the wall for not sending repeating cards.
The text on the postcard is as important for me as a picture. Here are some tips you could write to me about:
- your profession and hobby
- interesting episode from your trip
- describe a place where you live
- what you know and think about Russia
- what important thing you've recently understand about people's relationships
- I will be really pleased if you draw smth for me
I like beautiful stamps and cards without envelopes.
Пожелания для посткроссеров из России:
- открытки из серии "Моя Россия" от магазина "Амели"
- главное здание МГУ
- акварели Анны Михайловой
- коты Татьяны Хазовой
- коты у окна (!)
- белки, лисы, белые медведи
- красивые горы России
- осенняя природа и настроение
- кто-то пьет чай.
Если таких открыток нет, то я буду рада любой красивой и душевной открытке.
Буду благодарна, если Вы проверите, не посылаете ли повторку: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/1ZM7QDCZ_cvv3A.