Hi! My name is Elena, I'm 47 and I live north of Milan with my boyfriend and our 3 teenagers. I work at the airport as a supervisor and coordinator of all pre-flight operations.
I'm definitely on team 'sending', I always hope to get someone with a looooong profile and list of favourite cards. When there are just few lines saying that I can choose any card I want, no matter what, my smile goes a little bit downwards.. I would feel bad choosing a card I don't really like but on the other side, if I pick something peculiar, it will not be available for some next postcrosser that may like it... On the contrary, when my eyes first catch a long description, I get really excited! While reading I try to figure out if I have a card that matches the requests, then I go through them and make a first selection and if I can't choose between the last 2 or 3 I ask my daughter to help me!
Last but not least, I always try to write a nice 'thank you message' when I register a card :D [ for this purpose, if you don't mind, write your PC nickname on the card so that I can read your profile before registering the card ]
Here you are some ideas ( in random order ) for your cards (but ANY kind will be warmly welcome!!):
- polaroid format ( I've just started collecting the city ones, so far I only have Milan-IT and Munich-DE, but I like any subject in polaroid format )
- wolves, deers ( adults, not 'Bambi' )
- wooden cards by lantern press
- beautiful illustrations ( check my favs )
- those ''4 seasons'' cards.. ( multiview depicting the same shot in the 4 seasons )
- nordic sceneries🇩🇰🇫🇮🇮🇸🇸🇪🇨🇦
- foliage / autumn / winter sceneries 🍁
- the universe\astronomy
- anything related to math \ numbers \ Fibonacci \ fractals
- chinese new year card ( any, not necessarily the current one )
- Gaëlle Boissonnard
- Benjamin Lacombe
- Nathalie Polfliet
- Franklin Carmichael
- Kristiana Heinemann
- Virpi Pekkala
- lantern press series
- chineasy series
...or check my favourites!! ( my favs are both cards I have and have not received, just select one to check )
°*° My son Marco, 19yo, collects foreign banknotes, if you don't mind sending one I can send you back a thank you card or un/used stamps! Pls include your address ;) [ or we can swap with other banknotes/stamps, just mention it on your message! ]- he also started collecting public transportation laminated badges!
DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE?
Describe what surrounds you, the room, what's on your table now? Are you having coffee/tea while writing? any pet around? What do you see from your window? :)
Can't wait to find your card in my mailbox! :D