My name is Yuri and I'm from Russia. I work as a software developer. I like traveling, photography, collecting banknotes/coins and I'm interested in the car design history, especially the 1980-2000 period.
Here is a short list of postcards I like ;)
- Erotic art, drawings
- Propaganda posters
- Football(soccer) stadiums
- The weirdest card you have
- Fernando Botero sculptures
- Car licence plates, road signs
- Computer games from the 90s
- Gharials (fish-eating crocodiles)
- Maxicards (doesn't mean a big card)
- Coins, banknotes, passports, medals
- Photos taken by you or a photo of you
- Gargoyles as a part of a gothic building
- High speed trains (Shinkansen, TGV, etc.)
- Mercedes, BMW and Audi from 1980-2000
- Wuppertal Schwebebahn, German TV towers
- Brutalist and Socialist modernism architecture
- Miniature illustrations from medieval manuscripts
- Airlines, especially old ones that don't exist anymore
- Kumamon (Japan Kumamoto prefecture mascot), Gudetama (lazy egg yolk)
- All kinds of logos - companies, coats of arms of cities, districts, countries, sport clubs logos etc.
And please never apologise for not finding a perfect card for me, I appreciate any card you send! Also if you have a card that you've wanted to get rid of for a long time but didn't send because you think it's ugly, weird or offensive - don't hesitate and send to me! It's always interesting to see such cards.
Handmade postcards, interesting ad cards are welcome too, I don't get why so many people dislike that. And I will be very happy if you use unusual stamps.
If you don't know what to write, tell me what is your favorite car and why or an interesting fact/story related to the automobiles in your country or about a long trip by car you’ve taken. Or tell me what is depicted on the stamp you used.