My name is Yuri and I'm from Russia. I work as a software developer. I like traveling, photography and collecting banknotes/coins. And I'm very fond of the car design history.
Here are some kinds of postcards I like:
- Mercedes, BMW and Audi from 1985-2000
- Military stuff (armoured vehicles, tanks, guns, revolvers, rifles etc)
- Kumamon (Japan Kumamoto prefecture mascot), Gudetama (lazy egg yolk)
- Airlines, especially old ones that don't exist anymore
- High speed trains (Shinkansen, TGV, etc.)
- Computer games from the 90s
- Gargoyles as a part of a gothic building
- Car licence plates
- Photos taken by you or a photo of you
- The weirdest card you have
- Football(soccer) stadiums
- All kinds of logos - companies logos, coats of arms of cities, districts, countries, sport clubs logos etc.
- Coins, banknotes, passports, medals
- Erotic art, drawings
- Propaganda posters
- Flaktürme - German anti-aircraft towers, German TV towers
- Brutalist and Socialist modernism architecture
- Gharials (fish-eating crocodiles)
If you don't have any of the above please don't worry, I appreciate any card you will send to me. Also If you have a card that you've wanted to get rid of for a long time but didn't send because you think it's ugly, weird or offensive - don't hesitate and send to me!
Handmade postcards, interesting ad cards are welcome, I don't get why so many people dislike that. And I will be very happy if you use unusual stamps.
If you don't know what to write, tell me what is your favorite car and why or an interesting fact/story related to the automobiles in your country or about a long trip by car you’ve taken. Or tell me what is depicted on the stamp you used.