After having been a Spanish teacher for more than twenty years, I decided to become an independent sworn translator and interpreter Spanish and Catalan - Dutch. I enjoyed my job very much, because it is offered me a lot of opportunities to meet people and help them with my translations. Last October I reached the age of retirement and my list of things I want to do now is endless!
My husband, our cat Joseph and I live in Dordrecht, the oldest town of the Netherlands. It has a beautiful centre with a picturesque port, many monuments and two interesting museums. In the neighbourhood we have a big national park, ideal for hiking and cycling.
Some of my hobbies are traveling (mostly to Catalonia, Spain), working in the garden (I like to grow plants from seed), watching movies (art house and the old black and white ones), playing the clarinet (I wish I had more time!), doing embroidery (I make my own designs), baking cakes (small and large ones) and taking photos (trying to capture beautiful lines or take a picture from an unusual angle).
But most of all, I like to read! Therefore it would be fun to receive postcards of:
- books, newspapers, magazines
- people who are reading
- anything else connected with books and reading.
Other cards that are welcome:
- cats (I adore them)
- classical movies (Hitchcock, Bergman, Fellini, and a long etcetera)
- artistic photos (as an inspiration for my own photos)
- black and white photos (I go to see an exhibition whenever I can)
- clarinets (mine has a lovely 'round' sound)
- bicycles (my first one was pink, I got it for my sixth birthday)
- recipes (cakes, national dishes, ..., I love to try out new recipes)
- clowns (from time to time I like to do some clowning when I feel in the mood)
- women (I am interested in the history of women and their role in society then and now)
- your hometown or your country (I love old photos)
Whichever card you choose, each and everyone of them brings a smile to my face!
What to write? Well, I am very interested in the person behind the sender. So you could explain to me why you chose that particular card, or you could tell me about your family and your daily life, your preferences in music, movies, books, etc. or anything else you would like to share with me. I am looking forward to your card!