Hi dear Postcrosser!
My name is Heleen, I live and work close to Amsterdam.
We have two kids, 19 and 15 years old. In 2012 two guinea pigs (cavias) completed the family.
I love drawing/painting, music, languages and the world. I love nature: especially birds, weird mammals (like okapi and platypus) and trees.
I used to travel a lot but now both work and a busy family life restrain me from that.
Postcrossing to me is ‘travelling’ without leaving home (except for the letterbox :-)
Any card, please without envelope, will make me happy, as do interesting stamps. Most happy I'll be when you handwrite a message on the back side. Something about your card, or what you did today, a favourite quote, your favourite ... (music, song, book, movie, dreams, etc). Anything you like to share by postcards :-)
Don't feel obliged to search my postcards wall to see if I already have the card you want to send. Any double is o.k.: every card is unique by it's sender and journey!
If you need a suggestion about the picture on the card or stamps, favourite subjects are:
* Animals living in your country,
especially birds and unusual animals (e.g. platypus, echidna). However, all animals are welcome, whether walking, swimming, flying or creeping, from insects to mammals!
* Bridge, Lighthouse
* Chess (especially the Horse)
* Hand/self made card
Draw, paint, collage, needlework, whatever you want to do!
In case you'd like to draw/paint/make a collage of your favourite animal, see my call for mail art, where your creative result might be posted: http://realweirdanimals.blogspot.com
* Dragon! I was born in the Year of the Dragon. A Dragon on a postcard or postage stamp I'd love to see. Or maybe you can draw one?!?
* Year of the Mouse / Rat
* Mills: all types of windmills, including modern wind turbines
* Music! Musical instruments, musicians, music notes
* Reading or writing people (including animals)
* Animation / comic figures: Asterix & Obelix, Krtek, Pink Panter, Smurfs, Ratatouille, Up, Frozen 2, Pixar
* Games/game figures: Minecraft, Professor Layton; Lego
* Map cards
* Parodies on famous paintings (like Sally Swain's great housewives of art)
* Political cartoons
* Science; Women in Science
* Illustrations e.g. Blue Cats, Inge Löök old ladies, Fiep Westendorp or other great illustrations from your country
* Postbox / postmen / post offices / postal transport: anything which has to do with mail
* Postcrossing meetup cards
* Public transport (train, airplane, bus, metro), and I love train stations. And airports. And bicycles
* (people in a) Swing or rocking chair
* Umbrella, rain
* View of your favourite place in your city/country, or GF or WT card of your country.
Nederlandse PC'ers: een toeristische ansichtkaart van je woonplaats (liefst met naam van de plaats voorop) vind ik leuk!
A large list... But don't feel obliged: every postcard is a treasure.
Thank you for reading my profile :-)