I'm Mariel, I am a guy of 33 years.
I live in the medieval city of Laon, in Picardy, France.
I am a historian and historian of arts, specialized in the artistic production during First World War. Before, i was History professor, and now I work in a museum of paintings : the Jeanne d'Aboville's museum. It is a very interesting place with rare paintings and a cool archeologic space.
(you can discover the museum on his website if you are interested about Art and History : mjaboville-lafere.fr )
I love my city and enjoy make visit of Laon with friendly people. :) I'm a Greeter (= I do original touristic visits for free). You can discover my greet here :
I live in a old apartment from downtown, in an old house in the seventeenth century, with my boyfriend.
We have a dog, a rescue spanish greyhound (a galgo) of 11 years old. His name is Eole. We have too a 3 years old rabbit called Rambo, it is a rescue pet too.
I like reading and writing. I read lot of style of novels but i don't like thriller. I love american litterature and books that describe the lives of ordinary people. I write in different style too, if you read french you can go read my short stories and poesies here :
I listen music especially french rock, my favorite artists are french because i like understand what i hear : Indochine (a rockband), Miossec and Jean-Louis Murat.
I like also make long walk with my dog and my boyfriend in the touristic places of my area. I like to play video-games or stay hours and hours front of my pc. :D
When I send a card, I try to do my best for choose and write a card which corresponds to the wishes of my correspondent, I hope that the postcrossers will do the same for me.
I collect some special themes of cards :
- rabbits or bunny, pics or drawing, all types. My principal collection. ^_^ (You can see a part of my actual collection here, but i cant update this album now : https://www.flickr.com/photos/121561894@N07/ )
- pandas ❤️ and red pandas ❤️ ❤️
If you've cards about these animals, I will be very happy. :)
- skulls and bones
But I like too :
- cards of the serie "greetings from" on Postallove
- folkloric hats :D
- communist symbols (not only russian, I'm interested by all communists countries), or pics of communist period
- cowboys or far-west cards
- dogs ( no cats! :P ), especially greyhound !
- expressionist painters
- cool things about Middle Age ( castles, knights...)
- Gothic monuments
- pics of musicians
- things about World War 1
- the characters of Super Mario Bros on Nintendo (especially Yoshi) or Pokemons
About what you write on card, you can tell me what is the word in your language for say "rabbit" and talk about you. I'm very curious about others. :)
If you've rabbit postcards for my collection that can interest me, don't hesitate to contact me, I'm very happy to swap.