Ukurka(or Maria) is a member in Belarus . She has been a member for over 10 years (3,693 days).
I'm Maria, I like photography, books, puzzles, hedgehogs, cycling, tea, music (I love Dream Theater and Pink Floyd), swimming, traveling, blue and orange colors and a lot of things... :)
I like learning languages, so it will be nice if you write something in your mother tongue on the card! It may be your favourite quotation, or poem, or anything (please put the translation there too! :))
Liebe Postcrossere aus Deutschland, Schweiz, Österreich (oder irgendwoher anderes, wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen), bitte, bitte, bitte, schreiben sie auf Deutsch! Ich möchte so viel lesen wie möglich. Danke im Voraus!
Please write what do you know about Belarus - I'm curious!
Or tell me any local legend
Or explain what's on the card and why you chose it
Or let me know about your favorite cafe in your hometown
Or about interesting cycling route in your area
Or how your day was :)
I'll appreciate any postcard from you. Really :)
But if you have ANY card from my favorites - I'll be happy to get it!
(here is the list http://www.postcrossing.com/user/Ukurka/gallery/favourites)
Some more ideas just to help you to choose :)
* hedgehogs (Ёжик в тумане - мой любимый герой)
* De KNVB :)
* Geschichte von Deutschland
* Deutsche Cartoon
* public transport (esp. trams)
* flags and maps
* tea, chocolate, calligraphy, mirrors, umbrellas
* space, stars, zodiac (esp. Taurus :))
* street sculptures, street lamps/lanterns, street clocks, fountains, bridges
* photographers and old cameras
* Escher, or other curious mathematical things
* Salvador Dali, Albrecht Dürer, Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet, Hieronymus Bosch
* Alice in Wonderland
* James Cameron, "Avatar" and "Titanic"
* Back to the Future
* Sherlock Holmes
* historical things or characters or famous people from your city (could you provide some details for me in this case?)
* Olympic Games, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro Cup
* ladybugs, lemurs, penguins, dragons, pigs and giraffes
* Shih Tzu, Pekingese, Husky
* something inspiring. Sometimes it's so nice to find encouraging view or optimistic words after not-so-good day. :)
Finally, it may be a nice view from your hometown, what you like most :)
Happy Postcrossing! :)
PS: I always write my address on a card, that's just for my Post office - to be sure that card won't be lost
PPS: Шаноўныя сябры з Беларусi, ведаю, як складана выбраць паштоўку для iншага беларуса :) Каб было крыху лягчэй, выявы маiх любiмых гарадоў more than welcome:) Львiв, Барселона, Прага, Стакгольм, Кракаў, Мельбурн, Пiцер, Тракай, Амстэрдам, Будапешт, Эдзінбург... to be continued:)
PPPS: Dear friends from Ukraine and Poland, feel free to write in your native language. It's a pleasure for me to read it (though my "thank you" will be rather in English or Belarussian :)
PPPPS: I know that the girl from post office is also a postcrosser and is curious about all cards, so it might be funny if you put a "thanks mr postman" sticker or smth like that for her