I'm Maria, I like a lot of things... But at the moment I like peace and freedom most of all.
I'm from Minsk, but recently I had to move to Vilnius.
In Belarus there are more than 1000 political prisoners, who are imprisoned for having their opinion. Please support them by sending a postcard with any warm words or good news. You can find the names and addresses here: https://prisoners.spring96.org/en (see the map with all prisons listing people detained there, or you can find an address on each person's page)
By the way, founder of "Spring96" organisation, Ales Bialiatski, recently awarded the Nobel Peace Prize 2022. He is also in the list of prisoners, so you can write to him.
Here is one more link if you can read russian: https://airtable.com/shrqmYo8MpIsPILwP/tblGLLb2GWfVFZOxp
If you picked my address via postcrossing, you can send the card to any of the prisoners above and just let me know - I'll register your card as if you sent it to me.
Thank you very much in advance!
In case you're choosing the card for me, here are some hints (but it's not a demand, you know):
* ANY card from my favorites - I'll be happy to get it!
(here is the list http://www.postcrossing.com/user/Ukurka/gallery/favourites)
* bicycles, trams
* Schnauzer, Irish Wolfhound, Shih Tzu, Pekingese, any dog :)
* De KNVB :)
* Deutsche Cartoon
* flags and maps
* tea, chocolate, calligraphy, mirrors, umbrellas, photographers
* space, stars, Taurus
* beautiful streets
* Escher, Salvador Dali, Albrecht Dürer, Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet, Hieronymus Bosch, René Magritte, Marc Chagall, Frida Kahlo
* Alice in Wonderland
* Back to the Future
* Pixar, Minions
* history and people of your place
* Olympic Games, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro Cup
* ladybugs, lemurs, penguins, seals, dragons, pigs and giraffes
* something inspiring. Sometimes it's so nice to find encouraging view or optimistic words after not-so-good day. :)
Happy Postcrossing! :)
PS: I always write my address on a card, that's just for my Post office - to be sure that card won't be lost
PPS: Шаноўныя сябры з Беларусi, ведаю, як складана выбраць паштоўку для iншага беларуса :) Каб было крыху лягчэй, выявы маiх любiмых гарадоў more than welcome:) Львiв, Барселона, Прага, Стакгольм, Кракаў, Мельбурн, Тракай, Амстэрдам, Будапешт, Эдзінбург... to be continued:)
PPPS: Dear friends from Ukraine and Poland, feel free to write in your native language. It's a pleasure for me to read it (though my "thank you" will be rather in English or Belarusian :)
PPPPS: It would be nice if you put a "thanks mr postman" sticker or smth like that on the card :)