Hi, my name is Twiggy and I’m a toy giraffe. I have no idea how old I am – maybe 200 years or so but to say the truth, counting has never been my forte.
A few years ago, I lived in a gift shop in Sheffield, England and when this German lady came in one day and bought me, I immediately knew that we would be best friends forever. We spent some time living in Sheffield and then I lived some weeks with her boyfriend in France but now, we all live in Germany and share this account.
The human couple I live with will get married in 2020 and we would be very happy to receive cards with famous wedding locations or honeymoon destinations in your city or country.
I would like to decorate the boring white wall behind me and here a some things I like:
- Disney princesses (my favourite being Rapunzel)
- ketchup (ad cards with ketchup are welcome!)
- anything Mexican
- tourist views from rare countries (the toys always have to stay home and can't travel ...)
- wild animals from your country or region - especially big cats and from Belarus the "Fauna of Belarus" series (please have a look at my received wall to avoid doubles). I don't like snakes, spiders and other "creepy" animals that much though.
- castles: My big dream is to live in a castle so cards showing photos, paintings or drawings of famous castles (outside and inside) would be great.
- Tatty Teddy and Blue Nose Friends (just like me!)
Handmade cards (in an envelope to avoid damage on the trip) are welcome, too.
It’s me who has the shots in the household but let the couple I live with believe that they have a say, too! So here's what I THINK they like:
- Something that looks like Bora Bora
- Handsome men in pilot uniform
- Cute women wearing a watch
- Eating cheese
- Discouraging me from a singing career and listening to Patrick Bruel instead
- Stuff older than me (like dinosaurs and ancient Egyptian things)
The lady I live with loves the Eurovision Song contest and I love watching it with her and doing loopings infront of the TV during the whole show.
These last few years her 12 points went to:
2015: Italy - Il Volo "Grande Amore"
2016: Sweden - Frans "If I were sorry"
2017: France - Alma "Requiem"
2018: Denmark - Rasmussen "Higher Ground"
Our favourite wall shows cards we have received so no need to send them to us again. :-) You can, however, have a look at them to see what kind of cards we like. :-)
We love reading the cards we receive so please write us something! You don't know what to write?
- Please tell us about a typical wedding or a wedding tradition in your country or about a funny, touching or unusual moment that happened at a wedding you attended to.
- Please recommend a museum, sight or point of interest, etc. in your city which we should visit on a trip to your country. It doesn't matter if you live 10 km away from where we live or at the other end of the world.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Aus Deutschland finden wir auch Chronikkarten toll. (-: