My name is Irmina and I come from the area of a charming, medieval city of Torun, Poland. For the past couple of years I lived in the States but I'll be working back in Poland for some time, starting from July 2018.
I love travelling, but my biggest hobbies are history, cinematography and first aid medicine. I used to be a dancer, therefore I enjoy attending ballet performances as well as going to the opera. I read a lot, do some sports, teach languages. I love my family and I try never to take them for granted. I am also a huge enthusiast of Poland and I think that I would be a great ambassador of my country ;-)
I am used to collecting postcards, because this is what my parents have always been doing. Also, I was brought up in the post-communist Poland, so postcards were more or less what I was able to afford during my school trips ;-) And they proved to be a great gift to all of my family members.
I have to admit that I'm sadly the target customer of all the cards/postcards making companies (like Hallmark or Papyrus) and I can spend a lot on them...
I'll appreciate all kinds of postcards, but I especially like:
* maps and travel related cards (local tourists attractions, but also GF, WT, ICONS, WOW, HPC, MCPS...)
* art, museum collections, especially Klimt, Mucha, Munch, Kahlo, Rivera, Gaudi, Dali, Chełmoński, Gierymski, Chagall, Modigliani, Kandinsky, Afremov
* religion related cards (especially the Orthodox Churches and synagogues)
* Judaica/Hebrew motives (also famous Jewish people)
* elements of culture/tradition/language of your country
* Illustrations from Russia/Ukraine/Belarus
* books, quotations, writers
* history related cards
I'm also very much into travel stamps (like those you stamp in your travel/tourist's passport, for example in the national parks). I love seeing them on my postcards.
I always register the card on the day that I receive it.