I live in a small city in the prairie region of Saskatchewan, Canada. I am interested in travelling, reading good books, gardening, quilting, stamp collecting, photography, good conversation with unique people, and community service. I am a retired teacher who enjoys learning about other cultures. I am a clinical herbalist, so I have a keen interest in medicinal plants and flowers of all kinds.
Here is a list of favourite postcards:
- the points of interest or the culture of your country, region or city
- beautiful landscape from the area where you live
- UNESCO World heritage sites
- festivals and special celebrations
- coffee or tea (or other beverages)
- ethnic foods
- fashion, especially retro or ethnic costumes
- black and white
- sunrise or sunsets
- books and people reading
- smiling or happy people
- very colourful cards
- butterflies and hummingbirds
- quilting and needlecrafts
- fabric postcards
- artwork, paintings (especially the Impressionists)
- a card you feel is particularly beautiful, funny or unusual, even if it doesn't fall in any of the categories above.
Please note that my Favourites are postcards I have already received.
For those of you who can write in German: My husband speaks German and I share my postcards with him. He would be thrilled if you wrote a couple sentences in German for him to read.
Beautiful postage stamps are much appreciated as well. These are just suggestions.
Please write something about yourself or the postcard you are sending. Why is it special? Why did you choose this one to send me? I look forward to receiving your postcard.