I am 49-years old and married. I´ve got two children, a daughter (21) and a son (18). I live in Kuopio, a town with over 100 000 inhabitants, rather in the middle of Finland.
Reading is one of my favourite hobbies. I also like making and trading ATC-cards and mail art, listening to music, watching movies and Nordic walking. I collect many things; stamps (only mint), bookmarks, ATCs, Moomin-books in different languages and of course, postcards.
I love foreign countries and English is my favourite language. Right now I´m studying Spanish and it´s a difficult language, but a lot of fun! I´ve also studied Swedish and French, but I´m afraid, I´ve forgotten all about them.
I like animals, especially dogs. We´ve had two German shepherds, but at the moment we haven´t got a dog.
I like many kinds of postcards but I´d be especially delighted to receive a card presenting:
- vintage/old typewriters
- Alice in Wonderland
- German shepherd, dalmatian or any dog at work
- Disney: fairies, 101/102 dalmatians, Pirates of the Caribbean (only with Johnny Depp), Alice in Wonderland
- an illustration from some children´s book or movie( especially Astrid Lindgren, Elsa Beskow, Roald Dahl, Brothers Grimm, HC Andersen, Wizard of OZ, Narnia etc.)
- Harry Potter
- Lord of the Rings/ Hobbit (movies and books)
- books or reading (no reading animals, please!)
- Nancy Drew
- Johnny Depp
- Flavia Romantics- quote cards (in Finnish or in English, if they do exist, I´ve only seen them in Finnish, the text Flavia Romantics reads on the back of the card, you can see my collection in my Flickr-album, link below)
- European Robin, the bird (only realistic images with the bird as the main thing, can be drawn or a photo)
- white Christmas (meaning the main colour of the card is white/sepia white, but no view-cards, please! You can see some examples in my Flickr-album)
- Anna-Mari West
- Ilona Pietiläinen
Here are some of my favourites and my own collections on Flickr and Picasa. More of my favourites can be found on my postcards wall.
PS: If you´re sending me a card from my wishlist and it doesn´t cost you more, I prefer the card sent unwritten in an envelope.
I also collect cards for my collecting friends, so if you have a card similar to something in my faves, feel free to send it even if it´s not in my list.