Hi! My name is Anastasia.
I'm PhD in history and work at university. I do lecturing mostly on history and some contemporary issues like globalization. So that's why I love this project.
I love reading books, watching movies about 1930s, adventures, gangsters and robbers or BBC. I also love travelling. I'm interested in history, art, British culture, style and fashion, music and many different things. I'm very curious. :)
Every postcard makes me smile, though I'll be extra happy, if you listen to my wishes.
So here are some ideas:
- fashion of 1900-1960s and earlier times, especially VOGUE and other fashion magazines's covers (!)
- food and food traditions of your country (!)
- anything related to the history and modern time of your country, something unique (famous persons and ordinary people, events, costumes, patterns etc.)
- art of XIX-XXI centuries (especially when the artist was born or lived/lives in your country)
- beautiful city views and landscapes of your country
- genre postcards (for example, reading or dancing people)
- paintings by Jack Vettriano
- Leni Riefenstahl
- Otto von Bismarck
- state maps of USA (I have: South Dakota, Arkansas, Florida, Ohio, Minnesota, Washington, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Louisiana, Michigan, Virginia, California, Iowa)
If it's not disturb you, please, look at my received postcards to avoid duplicates. My postcards are sorted by countries:
famous persons: https://picasaweb.google.com/104135536267148731711/_MyFAMOUSPERSONSCollection
I have nothing against free-cards or self-made postcards, if they're of these kinds. I prefer single view postcards, but actually it doesn't matter.
Some ideas you can also find in my favourites - these postcards I'll be happy to receive too. But of course I appreciate every postcard you choose for me!
But please, DON'T SEND ME cats or postcards with only animals on it. Any touristic view would be better, really.
Feel free to write whatever you want: something special about the place you're living, your favourite songs, movies, books... It's always interesting for me.
Thank you for reading!
Thank you for sending me a card and, of course, Happy Postcrossing. :)