My name is Marieke and I live in the Netherlands. I am 47 years old and mother of a son (Floris) born in 2009. Our family of three lives in a small historic town in the eastern part of my country.
I work parttime as a psychiatric nurse.
When I am not at work, I like to travel the world (especially to the United States, I LOVE NYC!). I also like to visit themeparks; I'm kind of a coaster-enthusiast. I have rode more than 200 different rollercoasters all over the world.
Collecting cat-stuff, cause I love cats! Not the cute kittens-cats, but the adult ones, with character. I used to live with one...I still miss my beloved Muffin, who died in 2008. He was with me for 18 years.
My favorite season is winter; not of the snow, but because of Christmas. I've collected ornaments from all my travels, so decorating our tree is a trip to memorylane. I love it!
When it comes to music; I'm quite stuck in the Eighties... I love the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Simple Minds, Pet Shop Boys, Keith Urban, Adam Lambert, Future Islands and Daughtry.
My favorite movie being The Breakfast Club. I would be thrilled and overjoyed if you would happen to have such a card and if you would send it to me.
I fell in love with Postcrossing in January of 2011. The process of finding the right card for that other person, is so great. To me it is, anyway :-) I try to make each card as personal as possible and when someone else does the same for me, I am so happy! Shopping for new cards became a new hobby...or must I say an addiction? :-)
If you still wonder what kind of card you should pick for me, here are some suggestions.... :)
* Adult cats in general, cats in art, funny cats, cats with character (Jetoy, Lancy and Kotovasiya are great!)
* Old affiches, Jugendstil, Rousseau...
* Characters of childrens books/series (originating in your country)
* Royalty or presidents of your country
* Eighties (music, series, clothing, movies etc)
* USA retro "State" cards, map cards, NYC, cardinal-bird, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Nicolas Cage
* "Recipe-cards" - postcards with the recipe on it of a regional or national dish/treat
* Amusementparks (big and small) in your country/region
* Traditional clothing from your country
* Just send a card YOU would like to receive yourself and tell me why you like it so much.
I like my cards handwritten and stamped...and without an envelope; I like to see the journey of the card.
**** Please do not send me advertisement cards, online cards, folded cards (in a envelope), handmade, really thin paper/ photopapercards or multiviewcards.
And please, send me a card from the country where you are from, not where you have been :-) Thank you in advance!****
I am looking forward to receive and read your card!!!!
Warm wishes, Marieke