Marian43(or Marian) is a member in Poland . He has been a member for over 2 years (1,073 days).
My name is Marian and I am a fisheries and aquaculture engineer enjoying life on retirement for the last 10 years. I have spent my all professional life leading an aquaculture farm with 400ha of fish ponds, in a place called Gorki. Gorki is a beautiful place, with many hills and unique flora and fauna, particularly water birds.
In my free time, my hobbies are beekeeping of my own beehive, a little bit of hunting for water birds and studying world history and geography.
World geography is the main reason why I have joined this Website. Postcrossing is for me a very special way of exploring the world and learning about all the amazing places on our planet.
I would greatly appreciate if you could send me postcards with the following themes:
1. your country landscape and landscape painting;
2. historical and modern buildings/architecture and other famous landmarks from your area;
3. copies of the most recognizable paintings in the world, in particulary with historical events, as well as artwork of famous illustrators and cartoonists;
4. examples of your regional flora and fauna and any other natural wonders;
5. traditional folk culture and costumes from historical times;
6. Suprise me - whatever you find of interest and worth sharing with me.
I also love interesting post stamps from your country.
I look forward to receiving your card. Thank you and happy postcrossing.