Getting postcards from all over the world is great. Amazing handwriting, nice pictures and stamps, funny or beautiful quotes it makes me smile every time I receive a card.
My name is Margot, I live in Amersfoort with my husband and our two children ( 16 and 14 years old).
I love my work as a teacher at a primary school.
In my free time I like to make collages on wood of paper. I use photo's I have made, wrapping papers, pictures from magazines, and other beautiful things I found.
Other hobbies are reading, play volleybal, watching series like Walking dead, Breaking bad, Banshee, True detective, Squadra anti maffia.
If you have a movie, book or serie you can recommend, please let me know. I have read a lot thrillers.I really like the books of Mo Hayder. I also like books by Haruki Murakami of Khaled Hosseini.
There are lots of beautiful and interesting cards. I have put many cards on my favourites. If you take a look you can see that I really love colors and a lot of different items.I always put effort to find the right card for someone. Lately I get a lot of multiplies and touristic cards, it's a bit disappointing. Please save the multiplies, touristic and animal cards for the postcrossers who really like them.
* work of modern artists of your country
* graphic art of your country
* Frida Kahlo or other native art
* libraries or bookstores, pictures of books
* anything related to the railway, subway or trainstation.
* Marc Chagall
* black & white cards of social photography
* beautiful or special landscapes with great colors, land art.
* paintings on houses (streetart), or streets with colourful houses in a row, graffiti, urban art.
* details of beautiful buildings like glass stained windows or mozaïek floors or doors, colourful or beautiful Windows.
* nice patterns ( like the Russian and Poland folklore illustrations with flowers and birds)
* mozaieks, if you are from Portugal or Turkey it would be so nice when you sent me one.
* street views, crowded streets or colourful markets
* pictures of old stores, restaurant or cafe's.
* card with colourful birds from your country or the graphic version like some of my favourites)
* retrocards, old advertising cards, old pictures.
* handmade cards
beautiful stamps are very welcome too!!
I would really like it if you write your favourite line in your native language with the translation. Or let me know which places are great to visit in your city or country.. I go for a citytrip with friends every year. If you have some ideas please let me know. We have been to Londen, Berlin, Prague, Valencia, Antwerpen, Lissabon, Maastricht and Madrid. I'm really looking forward to our citytrip in 2019.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!