My name is Kirsten, and I'm a retired teacher. For 36 years I taught young children Danish and English.
I'm married to Ole, retired engineer. We have two daughters and five grandchildren - four girls and one boy. And as we say in Denmark: Grandchildren are the whipped cream of life! :)
I LOVE reading novels - not crime and fantasy though, music - mostly blues, pop and rock, but also classical, travelling - I have visited many beautiful and interesting countries, but most often I return to Great Britain, especially Yorkshire, London and Scotland.
I sing in a choir (www.kvindekoretcrescendo.dk) - have done for 36 years. If you should want to listen to my choir we are on YouTube, search: kvindekoret crescendo.
* I like ART postcards a lot, but I also like
* black/white photography
* reading people
* music: bands and orchestras, famous conductors, singers etc.
* school related
* beautiful landscapes
* picturesque little streets/shops
* cards from this website: www.inkognito.de
* "The New Yorker" and "Vanity Fair" cards
* Freddie Mercury/Queen
* For Russian postcrossers: I LOVE art cards with the works of Alena Dergileva!
* Postallove 'Greetings from...'cards. I already have the ones from Algeria, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic - (also Budweis), Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, São Paulo (Capital of São Paulo State) Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA and Vietnam.
For more ideas please look at my FAVOURITE WALL to see what else I like. If you do send a card from my favourites (which would be marvellous of course) please make a note on your card where you spotted it. I'm afraid I'm too old to remember over 2000 favourites by heart!
Don't be afraid of sending me a douplicate - It's impossible for you to know what I have already received as I can't upload cards.....don't waste a long time choosing a card for me, send what you think I like!
* But please, no envelopes, folded cards or handmade cards.
Looking forward to receiving your card! :)
Take care and best wishes, Kirsten.