OH NO! You have to send a postcard to an attorney! Scary! :)
Well, if it makes you feel better, “scary” is not how most people would describe me. Weird? Yes. A little crazy? Sure. Directionally-challenged? Definitely! But I work for a public agency and I get to do a lot of good work through lawyering. Serendipity.
I joined Postcrossing in 2013. Since then I have made many friends through this hobby! I love introducing others to Postcrossing, talking about postcards, looking through my collection, and trying (largely unsuccessfully) to send more cards than I buy. My friend Sue and I were guests on The Postcardist podcast in January 2021! If you’re interested, here’s what we had to say: https://thepostcardist.com/e98/.
I live in beautiful San Diego, California. I’m a feminist, a staunch LGBTQ+ ally, an avid reader, a collector, and a loyal friend. I speak English, Spanish, and enough Italian for a postcard-length message. I love postcards, stamps, pens, writing, mail, and Postcrossing!
As I write this update in January of 2021, the U.S. Postal Service is facing an unprecedented budgetary crisis. In addition, COVID-19 is causing understaffing in the workforce. Kindly be patient with our postal service. I will register your card when it gets here. https://www.postcrossing.com/help/my-postcard-should-already-been-received-what-should-i-do
WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND LOVES ALL POSTCARDS? ME!
I like it all! Do you have a favorite card that you’re dying to share? Send it to me! Something risqué? I’m your girl. Something weird that you think is bitchin but you don’t know who to send it to? This woman right here! I’ve never met a postcard I didn’t like. You took the time to sit down, pick out a card for me, write me a message, invest in a stamp, and mail your card. That’s the perfect postcard.
Are you one of those folks who wants a list of stuff I’m into? OK, just for you:
* Maxicards, which integrate the stamp with the design, like this: https://www.postcrossing.com/blog/2012/03/19/postcard-formats-maxicards. These are rare in the U.S., and I really love them, so extra kudos to you if you can send me one. :)
* All things purple
* Pens – and fountain pens in particular
* Cars – especially fast cars and well-loved vintage cars
* Art – I like René Magritte, Japanese art, photography, and winter scenes, but ALL art (whatever that means to you) is welcome
* Cooking, baking, culinary experiments, tea!
* Shaped cards
* Space, space exploration, astronauts!
* Fantastical creatures and places, such as dragons and faeries, and made-up wonderlands!
* Illustrated cards
NO, THANK YOU
* Strong smells, like perfume or smoke.
* I respect your right to observe your faith, but I prefer to keep my beliefs private. Please save religious messages for those who would appreciate them.
Well, you’ve made it to the end of my profile. See? Not so scary, right? I look forward to meeting you, through the art of Postcrossing! :)