HELLO! I'm Jen. :) I'm so glad I found Postcrossing – since I joined in 2013, I have made friends all over the world and also in my own backyard!
I’m a forty-something attorney living in San Diego, California, on the west coast of the United States, about 15 miles (approximately 24 km) away from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. I am originally from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, on the east coast of the United States. I am a dual U.S./Italian citizen. Although I don’t speak much Italian, I do speak enough to understand a postcard-length message! I am also fluent in Spanish, so feel free to write to me en Español!
As I write this update in August of 2020, the U.S. Postal Service is facing an unprecedented budgetary crisis. This has resulted in a slowdown of the mail system here in the United States. Please be patient as our postal service employees work through this difficulty – which may mean it takes longer than usual for me to receive and register a card. Please do not ask me to register a card I have not yet received. https://www.postcrossing.com/help/my-postcard-should-already-been-received-what-should-i-do
I like everything! I’ll grin at risqué post cards, cock an eyebrow at something odd/quirky, and enjoy seeing your personality through the postcard you pick for me. Please don’t restrict yourself to my favorite color, my favorite themes, or my favorite items. I’m stoked about receiving postcards from all around the world!
That being said, here are some themes I enjoy and appreciate seeing on a postcard:
* Maxicards, which integrate the stamp with the design, like this: https://www.postcrossing.com/blog/2012/03/19/postcard-formats-maxicards. I REALLY like these! If you happen to live in a place where these are available (they're rare in the U.S.) I would be super-excited to receive one! When I first put this on my profile, I got about four in my mailbox and was completely over the moon! I’m convinced that Postcrossers are the most awesome people on the planet. :) I have a special book just for maxicards I receive and I can’t wait to add to it.
* The Color Purple. (The actual color, the film, and the novel!)
* Stamps from all over the world
* Pens – and fountain pens in particular
* Cars – especially fast cars
* Funny cards!
* Handmade cards
* Live shows, concerts, plays, the theater, the opera, the symphony, any kind of live performance
* Different cultures
* Different languages
* Currency from around the world
* My favorite season is winter
* René Magritte
* Japanese art
* Space, space exploration, astronauts!
* Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder
* Fantastical creatures and places, such as dragons and faeries, and made-up wonderlands!
* Illustrated cards
* Any strong smells (smoke, perfume), no matter what kind.
* Religious messages. I respect your right observe your faith; kindly allow me to keep my beliefs private.
I look forward to receiving your wonderful postcard!