Hello, postcrosser! Nice to meet you!
I'm a photographer, traveler and occasional screenwriter. I like spending my time writing stories and playing folky melodies on the guitar. In college I chose to major in linguistics: I believe that learning new languages helps you discover new dimensions of reality.
I'm a stranger, I'm your 'single-serving friend' -
So tell me a story! I would absolutely love reading about your incredible adventures, impossible recurring dreams, your last week's subway crush, strange family customs, weather logs, advice on how to beat a writer's block, your favorite folk tales, the landscape you see through the window or if you think it is a good idea to get a pet rabbit. Anything you're passionate about, pass a little bit of that on to me!
I am trying to collect written and stamped postcards from as many different states as possible and that is why I prefer them to be sent from the country of origin.
So far I have received cards from 60 countries.
Take a look!
http://stamphunger.tumblr.com/ - my other postcrossing blog
Send me something that will inspire me to write my next story! Here's a couple of ideas (well, a bit more than a couple):
::IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER::
- Street photography / Photographs of European streets (esp. old towns);
- Asian interiors, Arabian markets, street cafés, Mediterranean architecture;
- Circuses, behind-the-scenes shots;
- Watercolor paintings & fine art photography;
- Maps (esp. old ones);
- Witches / Mythological creatures / Yggdrasil;
- Dolmens, fjords, sea, nautical scenes, ships;
- Dark, low-key, black and white;
- Guitars, ukes, ouds and other musical instruments;
- Stars & planets;
- Views of the English countryside;
- Easter Island;
- Night foggy views;
- NYC, LA, Vegas and San Fransisco, New Orleans;
- Pictures of the Tardis;
- (TV) Daredevil;
- 'The very hungry caterpillar';
- Carl Larsson;
- Nancy Ekholm Burkert;
- Arthur Rackham;
- Simon's Cat;
- Marit Björnegran;
- Pettson and Findus;
- How to be British (get around in English) series;
- Vintage Revisited by Anne Taintor;
- Nouvelles images;
- Multiple items (not multiple views, though);
- 'Postcrossing' & 'Europa' stamps;
- Retro themed;
- Scrapbook-like and vintage;
- Cards with puzzles;
- Classic music album covers;
- Squirrels (aka my mascot);
- Tea & coffee;
- ANYTHING with a cinematic feel to it.
No envelope needed but, please, choose something that will fit through the hole in the mailbox otherwise it might get stolen, lost or damaged (alas, it happened to my mail in the past!)
Thank you for reading this (if you made it this far!) and I can't wait to find your postcard in my mailbox!