I really enjoy meeting people from different countries and getting acquainted with their cultures. I'm interested in learning foreign languages too. My hobbies include Irish Dancing, embroidery, knitting, crocheting, reading - can't imagine my life without books, especially, without ones written by J.R.R.Tolkien and J.K.Rowling (still hope to receive a letter from Hogwarts one day). I like watching classical Hollywood musicals featuring Gene Kelly, Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Deanna Durbin, movies with Audrey Hepburn. There's some special charm about movies of that era. I mostly listen to folk music and singers-songwriters but also some classic rock bands and easy jazz.. I enjoy learning about history of different countries and have a great interest in Celtic and Scandinavian mythology.
Every card I find in my mailbox sets smile to my face :) But if you need some ideas, here're things I love on postcards:
* Beautiful places of your region
* Symbols of your country
* Historical figures and anything to do with history of your country
* Anything that represents your culture
* Fantasy and Mythology
* The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit
* Harry Potter
* Star Wars
* Lonely cottage, church
* People in national clothes
* Art (especially Art Nouveau, Renaissance, Pre-Raphaelites)
* Ships, Lighthouses
* Language, Books and reading
* Classic Hollywood movie stars
* Twin Peaks(TV-series) but not dead Laura or Bob please (too scary for me)
* Christmas (I love folded Christmas cards as well), Easter, St.Patrick's Day, Halloween
* Vintage/retro postcards
* Shaped and wooden postcards
* Also I'm collecting US map cards (I already have AZ, AR, CA, CO, DE, FL, IA, LA, ME, MD, MA, MS, MO, MT, NE, NY, OR, SD, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI)
* And I love handmade cards very much ;)
* On the wall of my favourite postcards are those I don't have but would love to receive.
But still, any card is welcome! :)
*I love postcards fully written so, it would be great if you could tell me something about yourself, the place you live, any special holidays in your country or what's on your mind at the moment or maybe something you've been thinking about for a long time, maybe suggest a book for me to read or movie to see. And as I'm so fond of languages, I'd be very grateful if you could write few words in your native language.
Look forward to hearing from you :)
Best Wishes and Happy Postcrossing!
P.S. If your card's going to expire, don't hesitate to contact me with its id number.