I'M GIVING UP POSTCROSSING ON 31 MARCH 2017
I'm very sorry to have to do this. Starting 1 April, the Swedish postal services will take an unreasonably big fee for international mail and I will no longer be able to continue with this lovely hobby.
My name is Axel and I live in Sweden with my family (parents and two younger sibblings, and the dog in my profile picture, named Pippin). I love reading (especially fiction), playing the organ (though sadly I’m not very good) and I love chocolate. I also like cuddling with Pippin, whose favourite activity is sleeping and playing with plastic bottles. He loathes going outside.
I’m involved in my local parish (Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Sweden), which is a large part of my life: I’m a Churchwarden, although currently on hiatus due to health concerns.
I love reading; those are a few of my favourite books:
- ‘Harry Potter’ heptalogy by J. K. Rowling (my all-time favourites!)
- ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy (including ‘Hobbit’) by J. R. R. Tolkien (my dog is named after Peregrin ‘Pippin’ Took)
- ‘The Hunger Games’ trilogy
- ‘Engelsfors’/‘Circle’ trilogy by Mats Strandberg and Sara B. Elfgren (originally Swedish but translated to various languages, including English—check it out!)
- ‘Jane Eyre’ by Charlotte Brontë
- ‘Animal Farm’ by George Orwell
My favourite TV show is ‘True Blood’ (I’m devastated by its cancellation!); I intend to read the ‘Southern Vampire Mysteries’/‘Sookie Stackhouse’ novels by Charlaine Harris after I’ve seen the final season (the books upon which the TV-show is based.
I love every and any postcard I receive through Postcrossing. My only request is that—if it’s possible—the cards are sent without envelopes.
That said, I truly like these themes
- Religion-themed (especially Christian!) cards
- Harry Potter cards
- Lord of the Rings cards
- Multi-views / ordinary tourist cards of your town/city/village are appreciated
- Historical places (like castles &c.)
Though as said, this is merely a list of inspiration, not at all demands! I’d like you to put the date you’re writing on your card, too.
Please tell me a little about yourself, as much as you’re comfortable sharing, or of something else you’d want to read on your postcards. To me, the backside matters more—that is, I truly appreciate people who write something special on the backside of the card.
- Please know that I do NOT register cards until they physically appear in my mailbox, as per the rules of Postcrossing. :)
- However, if you have sent a card for me and I haven’t registered it within a reasonable time, please drop a line.
- It's always nice when people write something in their own language, but please translate to English so I can understand what you write! :)
- Please, DO NOT write the postcard ID beneath the address of ANY CARD: it might get crossed out by the postal services!
No of expired as of 24 Jan 2017: 7