My name is Anca. I have been a postcrosser for a few years now. I know my profile does not look like it :D I have spent most of my time swapping on forums and I have recently made my "1000 cards swapped" mark.
I love reading and music. You can recommend me a good book or a song . I love the oldies, especially 50s and 60s and 80's rock.
My favorites are [quite a few]:
- landscapes and any sort of scenery that is representative for your country
- maps, city / state labels and mottoes, flags
- US state map cards (still missing: AZ, AR, CO, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, MS, NC, ND, NH, OK, SD, WA, WV)
- the arts (music, painting, photography, movies, etc)
- traditions and folk art, costumes and old clothing
- animations and drawings
- food, especially sweets
- members of the royal family (past and present)
- cartoons like Sailor Moon, Asterix et Obelix and other "oldies"
- Grumpy cat
- huskies, chow chows, corgis and any other fluffy dog out there
- if you are feeling generous: Irina Zeniuk, Nouvelles Images, Leonid Afremov, Dolotov cats, The "Cats around the world" series, Irina Smirnova, Hatasha Chetkova, Susan Wheeler, etc.
However, I will be happy to receive any other cards. I love all my cards equally and I know from my own personal experience not everyone has cards from one's favorites.
Some more requests:
1. I would prefer NO self-printed cards, handmade, ad cards, etc.
2. Please feel free to write some phrases in your own language. I love learning new things.
3. Please write something relevant on the card (about you, your city/country/area, thoughts, quotes, facts, your random thoughts, anything). Don't just write "Best wishes" or "Hope you like it", "Happy postcrossing", etc. Write your thoughts, how your day is going, anything that is not very "dry". It just feels like you put some time in that card, regardless of how boring you might think it is. I would appreciate any such things :)
------IF YOU MAKE IT THIS FAR DOWN:
P.S I am cleaning out my "postcard closet", so if you wish to receive an envelope of about 10 blank cards just write me a message with your address and I will send you some :)
I also collect MAGNETS, so if you have nice ceramic ones lying around, send me one and I will send you its equivalent in postcards (or anything else you collect and I happen to have)