Hello and welcome to my profile!
My name is Andrea, I’m 39 years old, living in the south-east of Munich and working for the Munich county administration. In my free time, I love reading, watching TV series, baking, hiking and exploring the beautiful region I’m living in. I also enjoy traveling, whenever time and money allows it. I have a soft spot for hippos, enjoy football (my favorite team is Liverpool FC) and I’m a chocoholic. And I love getting mail. I used to have a lot of pen pals in my teens but had to stop due to an immense work load. Now I’m sort of a crappy pal, though I try my best.
Many years ago, I started to bring home postcards from holidays - the base of my collection and the main reason I joined postcrossing. It’s great to see places all over the world in color, the beauty of other towns and other countries’ scenery.
Please only send REAL postcards.
FAVORITE postcards; you would especially make my day with:
* landscape views (mountains, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, beaches etc.)
* historical buildings (esp. castles, old churches, ruins etc.)
* city/town/village views
I like real photographs and up-to-date postcards best, so please, if possible, don’t send illustrations or old postcards. And I really don’t mind if the card is from your own country or not. If you brought spare viewcards from vacations, feel free to send one, I am happy to receive it!
When it comes to favorite places on Earth, I have a big love for the UK and Ireland, so if you have any viewcards from over there (please, no royal family and no cards from London, I’ve been there so many times and brought so many cards myself), feel free to send it.
An Postcrosser im deutschsprachigen Raum: Ich freue mich auch sehr über Chronik-Karten vom Schöning Verlag und Karten von Dörfern oder kleinen Städten.
If you don´t have any typical tourist postcards, the following cards are also very welcome:
* Forever Friends Bears
* sunflower or lavender
* old houses, doors or windows
* art by Caspar David Friedrich, William Turner, Van Gogh or Monet (please, don’t send any other art-cards)
If possible, Please DON’T send
* cards from Postcrossing meet ups (I´m really not into them, sorry)
* people in traditional costumes
* ad cards or homemade cards
* pets or animals / flowers
* season’s greetings (Christmas, Halloween, Easter cards etc.)
* folded cards (because this project is about postcards)
If you don’t know WHAT TO WRITE, here are some suggestions:
* tell me about your favorite book/TV series/movie
* or why you joined postcrossing
* about your last vacation or day out
* or simply about your day