How does Postcrossing work?
It's quite simple:
- Create an account on the website (it's free). You need to provide your address so that you can receive postcards back.
- Request to send a postcard. Postcrossing selects a random member for you to send a postcard to. Their address and some profile details are shared with you. A Postcard ID is also provided: that's an unique code (eg. US-12345) that identifies the postcard that you are about to send.
- Write a postcard to that postcrosser and make sure to also write the Postcard ID on it. That's it — now all you need to do is post it just like any other postcard. Don't forget the stamps!
- The card arrives to its destination - hurray! The other postcrosser registers it, using the Postcard ID written on the card.
- Now, YOU will receive a postcard as well! When you receive it, register it on the website — that makes the sender the next person to be selected to receive a postcard.
You can send several postcards at once, and the more you send, the more you will receive back.
« Go back to Help