How many postcards can I send?
Initially you can have up to 5 postcards traveling simultaneously. As time goes on and you exchange postcards with other members of the website, the number of postcards that you can send will increase. These limits allow the system to remain secure while still encouraging new members to try out the project and allowing avid postcrossers to send more postcards if they want to.
Your limit will start to increase (from 5 to 6) immediately after your first 5 postcards are registered by their recipients. From then onwards, for every 10 postcards that you have sent, the number of postcards that you can send will increase by one, up to 35 postcards. After that, for every multiple of 50 postcards (sent), you will be allowed to send one more.In other words:
- If you have sent between 0 and 4 postcards, you can send 5 postcards.
- If you have sent between 5 and 14 postcards, you can send 6 postcards.
- If you have sent between 15 and 24 postcards, you can send 7 postcards.
- If you have sent between 25 and 34 postcards, you can send 8 postcards.
- If you have sent between 35 and 49 postcards, you can send 9 postcards.
- If you have sent between 50 and 99 postcards, you can send 10 postcards.
- If you have sent between 100 and 149 postcards, you can send 11 postcards.
- If you have sent between 150 and 199 postcards, you can send 12 postcards.
- ... and so on, in increments of 1 postcard for each 50 you send.
This means that if, for example, you have sent 21 postcards, you can have at most 7 postcards traveling simultaneously to other members.
Once you have reached your account's limit, you are not allowed to send more postcards until one of your traveling postcards is registered by its receiver. If a postcard is not registered within 60 days, it will be marked as expired and its slot will then be freed.
The limit of postcards traveling at the same time stops growing at 100 postcards.
Note: These limits have been updated several times, and may be changed again in the future.