matam(or Martina) is a member from Czech Republic . She has been a member for over 3 years (1426 days).
My name is Martina, I´m 28 and I´m from the Czech Republic. I´m a translator of fiction from English into Czech. I love literature, film and fine arts. I´m living in Prague at the moment but a half of my heart belongs to the wine-growing region of the republic where my family is from. The other half is in the Czech Highlands where I grew up. And if I had another heart it would be in Scotland, particularly the Scottish islands that I can´t help coming back to. And if I had yet another one, it would be in the San Francisco Bay Area where I spent the whole last year reading books and walking like crazy. And that´s it, I promise.
I think postcrossing is a wonderful idea - receiving a postcard from distant lands can always brighten your day, even if you´re not feeling particularly great at the moment.
If you send me a postcard of your hometown or any card with photos of interesting places in your home country (or in a country where you´re on holiday) I´ll be most delighted. I love handmade or a little "odd" and quirky postcards too. If you´re from the USA, it would be nice to receive a map card of your state (especially a vintage one!). I started collecting them for an unknown reason... I also really like vintage cards with city and state names, like this one from Joann: http://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/US-594696
If you like picking the right card for each person as much as I do, some of my other favorite subjects include:
* colors, layers
* peacocks, puffins, flamingos, penguins
* sheep, goats, foxes, reindeer
* yarn and knitting
* old movies (especially film noir!) and all things vintage (especially vintage advertisements)
* old Hollywood movie stars from the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s
* your favorite cartoon characters or cartoon characters from your country
* The Little Prince
* anything that has to do with detective/crime fiction/mystery novels
* map cards (countries, metro lines)
* doors and windows
* wine, vineyards, grapes
* books, book covers
* angels (especially in art or architecture, not too religious, if possible)
* graves of famous people (weird, I know, but I really like walking through graveyards for some reason)
* I´m also very fond of cats (photos, drawings, paintings, cartoons, ads), but nothing too cutsie...
* I´ve always loved 3D cards (especially those old ones I used to find in my grandfather´s books instead of bookmarks) but since they tend to be expensive, I don´t really expect to get any...
For more inspiration, check out my favorites here: http://www.postcrossing.com/user/matam/gallery/favourites
But any card is appreciated, of course...!
P.S.: I really like traveling and postcard hunting during my travels therefore the cards I send aren´t always from the Czech Republic. I think it makes postcrossing more fun - well, at least for me it does...
P.S.2: Please, DON´T send your card in an envelope, immaculate cards without stamps are sad...