What is Postcrossing?
It's a project that allows anyone to receive postcards (real ones, not electronic) from random places in the world. Learn more.
How does it work?
- Request an address and a Postcard ID
- Mail the postcard to that address
- Receive a postcard from another postcrosser!
- Register the Postcard ID you have received
- Go to number 1 to receive more postcards!
What is happening now?
Meet las424 (aka Lila), who lives in the United Arab Emirates. She's a self-proclaimed stationery addict, and likes to take trips to discover the places featured on the postcards that she receives - isn't that an excellent idea?!
17,310,687 postcards received
474,294 postcards traveling
90,029,944,295 km traveled
2,246,536 laps around the world
“There's nothing quite like getting home after a long day at work and seeing a new postcard on your doorstep and not knowing who or where it's come from. It opens my eyes to places that I'd probably never even have known about had it not been for postcrossing!”