What is Postcrossing?
It's a project that allows anyone to receive postcards (real ones, not electronic) from random places in the world. Learn more.
How does it work?
- Request an address and a Postcard ID
- Mail the postcard to that address
- Receive a postcard from another postcrosser!
- Register the Postcard ID you have received
- Go to number 1 to receive more postcards!
What is happening now?
Did you know that Postcrossing has a handy tool to find missing Postcard IDs? Many people don't seem to realize this, so here's a post from our archives that tells you what to do in case you can't register a received card!
23,120,597 postcards received
492,992 postcards traveling
118,151,049,799 km traveled
2,948,248 laps around the world
“Postcrossing has given me a chance to be creative and expressive with such a little piece of paper. It is a form of art and I want to share my art with the whole world.”