Your personal information is important to us.
The Postcrossing Project recognizes the importance of your privacy and that you have the right to know how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing your personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously.
The only personal information Postcrossing collects is the information provided by you at the time of signup and when you edit your account or profile. This information is used solely to fulfill and improve the postcard exchange goal of this website.
We do not sell, share or make accessible your private information to any third party unless you give us consent or if we are required to do so by law.
- Postal address
- Your postal address is only used for the postcard exchanges as explained in the About page. In other words, only Postcrossing and those selected to send you a postcard have access to your address.
- Email address
- We use your email address for the purpose of contacting you or notifying you of your activity in Postcrossing. We may periodically email you a newsletter with news and updates related to Postcrossing, or statistics about your account usage. You can choose not to receive our newsletter/statistics emails as well as other notification emails by selecting the appropriate options in your account.
- IP Address and browser
- We may also collect the IP Address and browser information with which you access the website. We use these to improve your usage experience (for example, by pre-filling your country in forms) and also to improve the website for the community who uses it.
- Website usage data
- We collect website usage data whenever you interact with our services. Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. We use these log files for purposes such as system administration and maintenance, record keeping, tracking referring web sites and for security purposes (e.g. controlling abuse, spam and DDOS attacks). This website and its data is hosted in servers located physically in the U.S.A.
- Other data you intentionally share
- We may collect other information or data that you intentionally share. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, write a blog comment or leave postcard comment for others to see.
Please note that if you contact us, we may maintain a record of the history of the communication.
At any moment, you are free to stop using Postcrossing and, if you so wish, to terminate your account.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
If our information practices should change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our website to notify you of these changes. If you are concerned about how your information is used, check back at our website periodically.