maneij(or Eija) is a member from Finland . She has been a member for over 5 years (1929 days).
I´m a grandmother from the westcoast of Finland, 58 years old, but still so young..!! married. Work as a nurse in a physiology laboratory.
I`m also a humble servant of my 17y.o. stubborn but definitely cute and charming Cat Lady. My home town,Old Rauma, is included to the UNESCO´s WHS in 1991.
I´m a dreamer and romantic person, artistic and very poetic..and interested in different cultures of faraway countries. Besides, I have a good sense of humor,too.. And really LOVE postcards :D, I always have. I love collecting them and especially sending.
My hobbies are in addition to postcards mainly reading ,practically all sorts of literature!!!. I`m also a big fan of Harry Potter or Paulo Coelho for instance...Also I have passion for Opera and Theater.
I`m an outdoor person,love walking in forest,hiking in the mountains or just sitting by the sea doing nothing, just listening to winds whistling or looking at the sunsets glittering on the waves, but also have a fancy for homing! Love nature, especially a winter, snow and snowfall. The ALPS are my most greatest passion!!! I`m very much fond of traveling and nowadays also postcrossing. I really have enriched my life via Postcrossing!! My most biggest dream is walking along the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela someday... On top of everything else I`ve had one sponsored child in Kenya for years, a girl 13y.o.
Some ideas for cards: ( not in order of importance )
* touching ART of painting
* something UNIQUE from your country, not tourist cards
* national costumes, indigenous people
* ancient MAPS or otherwise fascinating and special MAP CARDS
* interesting churches,castles,monasteries,buildings
* Vintage cards
* any postcard with a famous actor/actress/singer from the 40s to the 60s
* The Fifties
* the Royal Families / palaces
* OLD-FASHIONED angel, Easter or Christmas cards,also religious
* UNESCO WHS
* mountains, waterfalls, rain forests, jungles, deserts
* GLACIERS!! ANTARCTICA!!! THE ALPS!!!
* pilgrimage routes
* wild animals or rare wild flowers,TYPICAL of your country
* children, old ladies :)
* simply - a joy and beauty of life !!!
* By checking out my favourite album on my wall you`ll get an idea what I like
* I would prefer cards which are dated, stamped and full-written.
Maybe you could write something about a card,your daily life or your dreams. Some poem or aphorism would be great too.
* a beautiful stamp,matching with the postcard if possible,would be great!! Thank you.
Certainly I will be happy from every postcard,EXCEPT AD/FREE or self made cards, sorry!!
Can`t wait hear from you