Ukurka(or Maria) is a member from Belarus . She has been a member for over 5 years (2146 days).
I'm 28, I live in Minsk, Belarus. I like photography, books, puzzles, hedgehogs, cycling, tea, music (I love Dream Theater and Pink Floyd), swimming, football (sometimes :)), travelling, blue and orange colors and a lot of things... :) I also like learning different languages, so it will be nice if you write something in your mother tongue on the postcard! For example, it may be your favourite quatation (please put the translation there too! :))
Liebe Postcrossere aus Deutschland, bitte, bitte, bitte, schreiben sie auf Deutsch! Ich lerne Deutsch und möchte mehr Übungen im Lesen machen. Danke im Voraus! :)
Please write what do you know about Belarus - I'm so curious! ;)
Or tell me any local legend.
Or explain what's on the card and why you chose it.
Or let me know about your favourite cafe in your hometown.
I'll appreciate any postcard from you. Really :)
But if you have any card from my favourites - I'll be happy to get it! :)
(here is the list http://www.postcrossing.com/user/Ukurka/gallery/favourites)
Some more ideas just to help you to choose :)
* hedgehogs :)
* cards with public transport (esp. trams and trains) or bicycles
* De KNVB :)
* Geschichte von Deutschland :)
* flags and maps (islands!)
* tea, chocolate, calligraphy, mirrors, umbrellas
* stars, planets, zodiac (esp. Taurus :))
* universities (with some interesting facts :))
* street sculptures, street lamps, street clocks, fountains, bridges, TV towers, zoos
* photographers and old cameras
* Escher, or other curious mathematical things
* Alice in Wonderland :)
* James Cameron :), "Avatar" and "Titanic"
* Sherlock Holmes
* historical things or characters or famous people from your city (esp. if you write some words about)
* Olympic Games, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro Cup
* an interesting photo (connected with postcrossing :)) or funny painting
* ladybugs, lemurs, penguins and zhiraffes
* Shih Tzu, Pekingese, Husky
* something inspiring. Sometimes it's so nice to find encouraging view or optimistic words after not-so-good day. :)
Finally, it may be a nice view from your hometown, just which you like :)
All my "official" received postcards are on postcards wall, and my favourite cards and stamps from private swap are here: http://ukurka.gallery.ru/?albums=1&parent=bDAb
Happy Postcrossing! :)
P.S.: I always write my address on a card, that's just for my Post office - to be sure that card won't be lost :)
P.P.S.: Шаноўныя сябры з Беларусi, ведаю, як складана выбраць паштоўку для iншага беларуса. :) Каб было крыху лягчэй, выявы маiх любiмых гарадоў more than welcome :)) Львiв, Прага, Стакгольм, Кракаў, Мельбурн, Пiцер, Тракай, Амстэрдам, Будапешт... to be continued :)
P.P.P.S.: Dear Ukrainian friends, feel free to write in your native language :) It's a pleasure for me to read it, and sure I can understand you :)