I'm a software engineer by day, an amateur artist by night. I moved to London in 2018. I have plenty of hobbies, but some examples include illustration (I like to paint cute characters in ink or watercolour), reading (averaging over one book a week in 2021) and running (I ran my first marathon in 2021).
If you're sending me a postcard:
I especially like it when people write a lot! If you'd like, you can write something in your language as well even if I might not understand it very well.
For writing ideas, maybe:
- Try out one of the official Postcrossing writing prompts? https://www.postcrossing.com/blog/tag/writing-prompts
- Recommend me a book, or a song to listen to!
- Tell me what you would like to do if money were no object.
- Tell me about something totally ordinary in your life that you find easy to talk about (like your favourite hobby or what your home looks like or what you can see from your window or your favourite thing to drink).
- Ask me a question and I'll try to answer it in the registration message :)
I'm happy to receive any kinds of cards (incl. handmade cards, free/ad cards, greeting cards). I like to display the pretty ones in my home and may use them for sketchbook inspiration but I don't have a themed collection or anything like that. Feel free to surprise me :)
For card inspiration, here are some of the things I like:
- Nature, trees, houseplants, any other kinds of plants
- Animals (border collie / German shepherd dogs, brown/black/orange cats, chickens, other birds, any other kinds of animals)
- Old photos, pictures of ordinary people (as opposed to e.g. royals), pictures of ordinary buildings (as opposed to e.g. cathedrals and castles)
- Dungeons & Dragons related images (dice, creatures etc)
- Nice illustrations, modern typography/calligraphy
- Hand-drawn/painted cards, collages, other kinds of art cards made by you regardless of your preferred medium :) nice/special postal stamps are also appreciated, if you have access to those.
Thank you, and have an amazing day! :)