Cataloging librarian, lover of culture and freedom for all. I also have a music background, holding two degrees in music (music education for my undergraduate studies; bassoon performance for my Master of Music degree). I love to travel when I am able to, to cook, to read. I consider corresponding to people from all over the world one way of traveling, and through Postcrossing, hope to "travel" in this way. While I like postcards that especially give me a feel for a particular locale, I am also very fond of less usual types of postcards.
Some examples might include the following themes:
• Law institutions/imagery: court houses, law schools, anything to do with the law
• Sculpture/fine art
• Unusual buildlings/architecture
• HIstorical themes/reproductions of old photos (even old-fashioned advertising)
• Computer/high tech (especially things Apple Inc.-themed)
• Typewriters/old office equipment
• Humorous/silly cards
• Mail art cards (I create mail art as well, but generally more than just cards)
• Mail/postal themes (post boxes, postal stamps, any images to do with the post)
• Map postcards, especially featuring Africa, Asia, and Europe
Again, these are just provided as examples.
Please include the date when you write your card—that would be much appreciated.
I am more than happy to receive whatever is sent to me; I prefer such cards to be stamped postcards and not those in an envelope. PLEASE, no greeting cards (those that fold and are placed in an envelope as well).