I am a teacher of English (and elementary Portuguese) at a Spanish high school in Mérida, a World Heritage city in southern Spain, where I live with my partner and our two children (born 2002 and 2005).
I like travelling, hiking, listening to music (all types if the music is good) and reading.
I started collecting postcards when I was 23, while I was working as a language assistant teacher in England, and I have not stopped since!
I will be grateful for any postcards that show PLACES; but I am specially fond of:
- mountains (a postcard of the highest mountain in your country or region would really make my day!)
- city aerial views or skylines.
- landmarks (they do not necessarily have to be very famous landmarks of your country; I am also interested in where YOU live, no matter how small the place may be!): architecture, monuments, ...
- anything related to the culture of the PLACES: flags, symbols, national costumes, typical dishes...
I also prefer postcards with a stamp on them (no envelopes, please!!!). It is also helpful if the name of the place is written on the front (though this is not a "must").
Unluckily, I CANNOT SAY THAT I LIKE:
- "funny" postcards (such as completely black ones, reading "X at night", commonplace jokes about countries, and so on).
- ad postcards.
- home-made cards.
I would like to have postcards from EVERY COUNTRY in the world so I am open to private swaps with anybody interested. Since Mérida is famous for its Roman past, I can offer beautiful postcards of any of the city's Roman remains (theatre, bridges, temple, forum, aqueducts,... you name it!), other UNESCO sites in Spain, or anything you may be interested in, if I can find it for you...
For private swaps you can use my email address:
This is a link to a Google Drive folder with some of the cards I have for swapping:
If you are not satisfied with the postcard I have chosen for you, feel free to let me know, and I will try and make up for it.
Please note: I DO NOT ACCEPT private swaps sent to me in an envelope, I ONLY accept trades if I receive stamped/written cards. Then again, I am happy to send your postcard the way that you prefer.