marica_t(or Marica) is a member in United States of America . She has been a member for over 6 years (2,550 days).
* * Please remember to write the Postcard ID!! :) * *
I'm Marica (I pronounce it like "Marissa" here; it's Croatian) and I live in the small city of Munroe Falls in Ohio. I like to cook, bake, craft, and read (classics, mainly). For nonfiction I like to read about early European and American histories. I like to visit historical reenacting events. I am starting to get into photography. Sometimes I think I was born many decades too late.
I prefer standard-size postcards (10x15cm / 4x6in) so that it's easier to bundle and store in my boxes.
I'm happy with almost anything in terms of the picture. But please, NO cats (I do not like cats at all!), nothing vulgar or erotic, and no folded/greeting cards.
If you need ideas, and these are in no order...
- food and drink
- flags, crests
- traditional costumes (I especially love central & eastern European costumes)
- Anything 1950s and earlier (Victorian, Art Deco, Renaissance, Middle Ages, ancient empires, etc!)
- trivia, "did you know"
- any architecture, especially places of worship (I love cathedrals!)
- old advertisements and movie posters
- photography, especially antique and B&W
- religion (I'm Lutheran but I like to learn about other faiths/denominations)
- wartime enlisting posters, propaganda (my dad and I like to discuss their history)
- typical city views, landmarks
- winter, snow - I love the cold!!
- blue, my favorite color
- sunrise, sunset
~ I also enjoy advertisement and handmade postcards! ~
If you like to make decorated envelopes, I'd love to see your creativity!
Please include an English translation if you are writing in your native tongue. I only know English fluently, but I studied German and Latin many years ago (both largely forgotten, sadly).
You can write about anything, but if you need some ideas:
- Hobbies and interests
- What your first/given name means
- Favorite food/drink
- Goal/dream in life
- Do you collect anything?
- How you organize, store, or display your postcards
- A good phrase to know in your language, like if I were to visit your country
... just don't leave it sad and blank! I enjoy learning about other people, even if it's one or two little things.
My Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MiscMarica
* * PRIVATE SWAPS * *
I am open to private swaps! Send me a message, and I will reply within 24 hours if I am interested.
I can only do one-time swaps.
The Website is my blog. Click on "I collect postcards!" on the menu to see all the countries and states that I have. If I don't have your country/state, then I am very interested in swapping with you!
And when sending me a private-swap item, please write your username on the postcard so I know that it's yours and I can let you know that I got it.
updated Jan 3, 2018