marica_t(or Marica) is a member in United States of America . She has been a member for over 6 years (2,395 days).
** On Sept 11 2017, I received a postcard from "Anni" in Germany. It is of JF Kennedy in Berlin in 1963. There is no ID, and I can't tell if it is a "thank-you" for a postcard I sent to someone. Postcard is dated Sept 1 2017. Please message me about this, thank you!
I'm Marica (I pronounce it like "Marissa" here; it's Croatian) and I live in the small city of Munroe Falls in Ohio. I like to cook, bake, craft (jewelry and cards, primarily), garden, and read (classics and dystopians, primarily). For nonfiction I like to read about early European and American histories.
I'm happy with pretty much everything. But please, NO cats (I do not like cats at all!), nothing vulgar, and no folded/greeting cards. I prefer standard-size so it's easier to bundle and store in my box, but this is not a requirement (be aware that I may have to cut them to fit, though).
If you need ideas, and these are in no order...
- food and drink
- flags, crests
- traditional costumes
- 1950s and earlier (Victorian, Art Deco, Art Nouveau, Renaissance, Middle Ages, ancient empires, etc!)
- trivia, "did you know", statistics
- any architecture, especially places of worship
- jewelry, gems
- history - the older, the better!
- old advertisements
- photography, especially antique and B&W
- religion (I'm Lutheran but I like to learn about other faiths/denominations)
- wartime enlisting posters, propaganda (my dad and I like to discuss them and their history)
- winter, snow - I love the cold!!
- sunrise, sunset
~ I also enjoy advertisement and handmade postcards! ~
Germans: October 2017 will mark the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation. I'd love anything related to it!
Please include an English translation if you are writing in your native tongue. I only know English fluently, but I studied German and Latin many years ago (both largely forgotten, sadly).
You can write about anything, but if you need some ideas:
- Which languages you know
- Hobbies and interests
- What your first/given name means
- Favorite food and/or beverage
- Goal/dream in life
- Any sort of trivia or statistic
- How you organize, store, or display your postcards
... just don't leave it sad and blank! I enjoy learning about other people, even if it's one or two little things.
My Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MiscMarica (I sell envelopes sized for postcards!)
* * PRIVATE SWAPS * *
I am open to private/direct swaps! Send me a message, and I will reply within 24 hours if I am interested.
I can only do one-time swaps.
The Website is my blog. Click on "I collect postcards!" on the menu to see all the countries and states that I have. If I don't have your country/state, then I am very interested in chatting with you!
And when sending me a private-swap item, please write your username on the postcard so I know that it's yours and I can let you know that I got it.
updated Sept 11, 2017