My avatar - in front of Chastleton House, from my October 2019 trip to the UK :)
I live in the small city of Munroe Falls in Ohio. I like to cook, bake, craft (usually papercrafting and jewelrymaking), read (mainly classics), and go to church (Lutheran). My ultimate travel goal is to visit every country in Europe (and who knows where else!). I like to visit historical reenacting events during the summer.
Please NO cats, nothing vulgar/sexual, and no folded/greeting cards.
I am happy with anything else, but if you need ideas of what I like...
- food and drink (especially chocolate/candy, coffee, tea, an English afternoon tea, and baked treats!)
- flags, crests
- Christianity (old Bibles, Bible verses, sculptures/art, theologians, etc)
- traditional costumes (I especially love central & eastern Europe)
- Anything 1950s and earlier (Victorian, Art Deco, Regency, Renaissance, Middle Ages, ancient empires, etc!)
- trivia/facts, "did you know"
- architecture (especially cathedrals, churches, castles, palaces)
- cottages / countryside
- stained glass
- old advertisements and movie posters
- photography, especially antique and B&W
- typical city views, landmarks
- winter, snow - I love the cold!
- blue (my favorite color!)
- sunrise, sunset
- London/UK (so that I can relive my lovely trip from October '19!)
If you like to decorate envelopes, I would love to see your creativity! I make my own envelopes from scrapbook paper :)
You can write about anything, but if you need some ideas:
- Hobbies and interests
- What your first/given name means
- Do you collect anything?
- Where was your most recent vacation?
- Do you have a favorite Bible verse? What is it in your language?
- If I had only one week to visit your country, which 1-3 cities would you suggest I visit?
- If I were to visit your country, what is a good/helpful phrase to know in your language?
- I recently discovered that I have a gluten intolerance. In your language how would I ask at a restaurant if a food is gluten-free, or what is gluten-free dining like in your country? (Plenty of options? Barely known?)
* * PRIVATE SWAPS * *
You can request to private swap, but if I'm busy with other life things at that time I may not reply. I only do one-for-one swaps. I confess that I am a bad penpal, so please no penpal requests.
updated Nov 29, 2020