marica_t(or Marica) is a member in United States of America . She has been a member for over 6 years (2,458 days).
* * Remember to write the Postcard ID!! * *
I'm Marica (I pronounce it like "Marissa" here; it's Croatian) and I live in the small city of Munroe Falls in Ohio. I like to cook, bake, craft (jewelry and cards, mainly), embroider, and read (classics and dystopians, mainly). For nonfiction I like to read about early European and American histories. I like to visit historical reenacting events. I am starting to get into photography.
I'm happy with pretty much everything. But please, NO cats (I do not like cats at all!), nothing vulgar, and no folded/greeting cards.
I prefer standard-size (10x15cm / 4x6in) so it's easier to bundle and store in my boxes, but this is not a requirement (be aware that I WILL cut large postcards to fit, though).
If you need ideas, and these are in no order...
- food and drink
- flags, crests
- traditional costumes (I especially love central & eastern European costumes)
- Anything 1950s and earlier (Victorian, Art Deco, Renaissance, Middle Ages, ancient empires, etc!)
- trivia, "did you know"
- any architecture, especially places of worship
- old advertisements and movie posters
- photography, especially antique and B&W
- religion (I'm Lutheran but I like to learn about other faiths/denominations)
- wartime enlisting posters, propaganda (my dad and I like to discuss their history)
- typical city views, landmarks
- winter, snow - I love the cold!!
- blue, my favorite color
- sunrise, sunset
~ I also enjoy advertisement and handmade postcards! ~
Please include an English translation if you are writing in your native tongue. I only know English fluently, but I studied German and Latin many years ago (both largely forgotten, sadly).
You can write about anything, but if you need some ideas:
- Hobbies and interests
- What your first/given name means
- Favorite food and/or beverage
- Goal/dream in life
- Any sort of trivia or statistic
- Do you collect anything?
- How you organize, store, or display your postcards
- A good phrase to know in your language, like if I were to visit your country
... just don't leave it sad and blank! I enjoy learning about other people, even if it's one or two little things.
My Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MiscMarica
* * PRIVATE SWAPS * *
I am open to private swaps! Send me a message, and I will reply within 24 hours if I am interested.
I can only do one-time swaps.
The Website is my blog. Click on "I collect postcards!" on the menu to see all the countries and states that I have. If I don't have your country/state, then I am very interested in swapping with you!
And when sending me a private-swap item, please write your username on the postcard so I know that it's yours and I can let you know that I got it.
updated Nov 16, 2017