marica_t(or Marica) is a member in United States of America . She has been a member for over 6 years (2,341 days).
I'm Marica (I pronounce it like "Marissa" here; it's Croatian) and I live in the small city of Munroe Falls in Ohio. I like to cook, bake, craft (jewelry and cards primarily), garden, and read.
I'm happy with pretty much everything. But please, NO cats (I do not like cats at all!), nothing vulgar, and no folded/greeting cards. I prefer standard-size so it's easier to bundle and store in my box, but if it's oversized it'll be okay (but I'll feel bad about cropping them [as best I can]).
If you need ideas, and these are in no order...
- the odd/silly/lonely card in your stash that just floats in there - send it to me!
- food and drink
- flags, crests
- traditional costumes
- antique / vintage / retro / Art Nouveau
- quotes, trivia, "did you know", statistics
- any architecture, especially places of worship
- jewelry, gems
- history - the older, the better!
- old advertisements
- photography, especially antique and B&W
- religion (I'm Lutheran but I like to learn about other faiths/denominations)
- anything about my birthday (July 1, ruby, Cancer, etc)
- wartime enlisting posters, propaganda
- winter, snow - I love the cold!!
- sunrise, sunset
~ I also enjoy advertisement and handmade postcards! ~
German Postcrossers: October 2017 will mark the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation. I'd love anything related to it!
Please include an English translation if you are writing in your native tongue. I only know English fluently, but I studied German and Latin many years ago (both largely forgotten, sadly).
You can write about anything, but if you need some ideas...
- Which languages you know
- Hobbies and interests
- What your first/given name means
- Favorite food and/or beverage
- Goal/dream in life
- How you organize, store, or display your postcards
... just don't leave it sad and blank! I enjoy learning about other people, even if it's one or two little things.
My Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MiscMarica (I sell envelopes sized for postcards!)
* * PRIVATE SWAPS * *
My deepest apologies but I cannot accept invitations from Belarus, China, Finland, Netherlands, Russia, Taiwan, and Ukraine. I truly enjoy every postcard I receive via registered cards, but I receive so many from these countries already. I try to keep my int'l postage budget under control, and my aim is to receive postcards from every country, which private swaps help me achieve. Please understand. :(
USA swaps -- I will accept all offers since they are very affordable.
I only do one-time swaps.
No penpal requests - I'm a lousy penpal.
Check out my Website, which is my blog. Click on "I collect postcards!" on the menu to see all the countries and states that I have.
And when sending me a private-swap item, please write your username on the postcard so I know that it's yours and I can let you know that I got it.
updated July 20, 2017